Pages

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

YOPP!

“But who are you? Where?”
He looked and he looked. He could see nothing there


“I say!” murmured Horton. “I’ve never heard tell
Of a small speck of dust that is able to yell.
So you know what I think?…Why, I think that there must
Be someone on top of that small speck of dust!

“Mr. Mayor! Mr. Mayor!” Horton called. “Mr. Mayor!
You’ve got to prove that you really are there!
So call a big meeting. Get everyone out.
Make every Who holler! Make every Who shout!

When they got to the top,
The lad cleared his throat and he shouted out, “YOPP!”
And that Yopp…That one small, extra Yopp put it over!
Finally, at last! From that speck on that clover
Their voices were heard!



Horton Hears A Who, Dr. Seuss

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

7 comments:

Graziella said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
2 Dollar Productions said...

It's nice to see a return as I was beginning to think that they last post had some lingering trauma or something.

On the Horton front, I hear that they are making it into a movie.

CrackerLilo said...

Sometimes I think of this when I'm reluctant to speak up. :-)

Rose said...

Hi Pobble, miss you. Interesting post and I do hear a movie is in the making.

ZooooM said...

WHEEEE! Any post from my BBP is enough to make me smile, but Dr. Suess is always a smile waiting to happen too. So it's like two smiles in one read!

MrVorhias said...

There HAS been talks to make Horton into a movie. Considering just how terribly the previous Dr. Seuss films have gone, I can't hope for much.

Spider Girl said...

I think the world would likely improve if politicians studied the wisdom in the books of Dr. Seuss.