Pages

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Catching Up

The entire time I've been living under a rock, I was also blogging. In my head. I have been witty, insightful and sometimes even thought-provoking. Here are some snippets from some of the blogs I have written for myself. They probably aren't witty, insightful or terribly thought-provoking because they are, afterall, snippets. But trust me, they were really good originally.

The book...
...is Business Words You Should Know by Dr. H. Dean McKay and P.T. Shank. Its scheduled release date is summer of '07. It is done and my life is my own again. Now, it is time to get back to my novel. Which carries a deadline of January 3rd. And start the new project with the FAEE. Hmmm...maybe my life isn't my own again...

The new job...
Imagine if you will, a house...Occupied by eight teenage girls. Sharing two bathrooms. Now ~ imagine they all come to the house with criminal records. And most of them have been in the system since they were about 12. It's interesting. Tiddly pom, tiddly pom...I stay in my secretarial bubble.

My driving speed...
...is directly proportionate to the speed of the music playing on the radio, my general mood...and the height of my heels???? The first two are pretty typical. The last one, I confess, was a startling realization.

The weddings...
...are over. Everybody's married off. Some thoughts though ~

  • models tend to be about 5'8" and a size 2. What looks stunningly beautiful on them very well might make your Girlfriends look like short, fat, burgundy cows in dyed to match shoes.
  • dyed to match shoes are never a good idea.
  • the final fitting of a dress should not occur in the bathroom of a bar. Ever.
  • if your maid of honor can carry gum, her lipstick and your lipgloss in the cleavage of her bodice, the dress does not fit. This is why final fittings should not take place in the bathroom of a bar. Ever.
  • we love Nemeria. Even more than we have for the last 28 years.

And finally...

Just so you don't think it's been all bad, the (stone cold sober) Pobble at bachelorette parties:




As Angry Girlfriend's sister said "Having Pobble around is like having lots of friends!"



Drag show. 'Nuff said.


Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

11 comments:

Aisha T. said...

The partying looked fun. And I think your snippets very witty and thought provoking. Especially about the speed of your car being proportional to the height of your heels

Nemeria said...

OMG, Pobble, you look amazing! (even more so than usual!). So glad to have you back. And we love you, too! (And miss you!!!)

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

You are beautiful, and such a tiny little thing! Great pic.

I've been a burgundy cow, and for some reason I have the pix to prove it. I'm not going to, though.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pobble

I loved and laughed at "My driving speed". It reminds me of music I used to listen to when I had to get somewhere fast. There were certain songs that would turn my firebird into an F-14 Tomcat...

BostonPobble said...

Aisha ~ The partying was fun. Kinda like your trip. ;)

Nemeria ~ Thanks!!!! It's good to be back. I've missed you, as well.

GNGirl ~ I'm not sure I would say I was a tiny little thing but I do appreciate the sentiments behind the phrase. La Blackbelt was also a burgundy cow. We have agreed to burn all pics. It's highly recommended.

Dagoth ~ Sometimes F-14 tomcats lurk in the humblest places, don't they?

Jaded said...

Love the heels. I'd break my ankle in them, and I'd be over 6' tall, but I love them none the less.

11th Annual Holiday Party is on Saturday 12/2. Any chance you might attend?

Rose said...

Pobble you always look like you are having so much fun. I know that you are glad to finsih one project and move on the the other. Good for you on your accomplishments. Much love as you go forward.

nRT said...

Your new job sounds challenging. Good luck. teen girls can be tough, but rewarding at the same time.
thanks for the kind words of encouragement...I appreciate you visit

2 Dollar Productions said...

Keep blogging in your head or otherwise as you never know when something good will hit you.

It's great one deadline is over, but Jan 3rd sounds brutal. Best not to think about it for now.

Finally, ""Having Pobble around is like having lots of friends!" is one of the better compliments I've heard in a long time.

CrackerLilo said...

The party looked awesome, and I'm glad you're blogging for real and not in your head now!

I want to know more about the baby bear.

And happy Samhain!!!

ZooooM said...

AWESOME! Glad you are posting again. The book sounds GREAT! I need one of those for sure.

You do look great and you are the fun. Your wedding thoughts had me in stitches. I've got a pal getting married exactly one year from now....so it's all good to know. No fittings in bars. Got it.