Pages

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Lovely and Scary, Both

Um...if you haven't read the post previous to this one, do so. Otherwise, this will make no sense at all. Go ahead. I'll wait.

You back?

I spent an hour on the phone with Lithus. The firefighting pilot. Because when he IMed me earlier tonight asking how I was, I asked if he wanted the truth or me to say "fine, thanks." And he wanted the truth. So I told him. His response? "Give me your phone number so I don't have to look for it. I'm calling you."

Damned if he didn't just listen. Damned if he didn't just let me be not okay and just sat there with me while I wasn't completely okay and perky and happy and typically Pobblish. Okay, yeah. This is me. Which means I didn't just break down and weep. (Intimacy issues!!!!) I didn't let him hear all the tired and built up pain. But I let him hear some of it. Hell, I even teared up and didn't try (too hard) to hide it. And you know what? He listened. No pep talks. No telling me how tired he was. And only a quick attempt at fixing. An hour later, I'm feeling better.

Don't fool yourself ~ that scares the shit out of me. But you knew that already, didn't you? ;) roflmao

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

9 comments:

CrackerLilo said...

I'm glad you got what you were calling for.

And I love to give advice, but I can just listen.

Anonymous said...

I am happy to listen. I am ordinary and fallible. My mind weeps at injustice and my heart steels itself to the truth.
I enjoy Pobbles words and worries and wish that all would be as it should.
I am good at my calling and fair in life and allways look forward to another Pobble adventure.
:*

christine mtm said...

just... i love you.

ZooooM said...

I need to shut my yap more often with my own pals and LISTEN. Why I'm always trying to fix things, I do not know. I'm sure environment issues from growing up and all. But I don't do well when people I care about are in pain. My instinct is "help, fix it, tell them they aren't alone and show them with and example....."

Sometimes Mr. Zoom will say "ok, I don't need you to say a thing, just listen to me". So I'm lucky, in that he knows I'd do anything to help him and I need help knowing what that is sometimes.

Jaded said...

I'm a suck-ass friend lately, and I apologize. It's not that I don't care, because I do, immensely, but... well...

Listening, I can handle that. It's the talking and fixing things that I can't do at the moment. Call anytime you want to. I hate to just call in the middle of the day 'cause I don't want to interrupt the whole writing mojo.

Have some hot chocolate, perhaps with a shot of something in it. That's all the unsolicited advice I can muster. And I'm gonna take my own advice and make some freakin hot chocolate!

2 Dollar Productions said...

Sounds like the perfect antidote as we could all use someone who will just shut up and listen now and again.

They don't need to tell you that it will be all right; just let you put it out there which usually makes things marginally better.

nRT said...

life sucks sometimes and sometime people need to be selfish and just take care of them selves.
I hope you are feeling better soon.

Twisted Lady said...

I have one girlfriend that I can "talk" to. When things get rough we call each other and start the conversation with...

"Look, Bitch, it's all about me today..."

That way we can talk, get it out and just have the comfort of someone who LISTENS and understands.

Screw pep talks! Sometimes a friendly ear is all ya need.

Anonymous said...

I can also just listen if you need me to. I can turn off the Mom/Cancer switch. I love you! miss you a bunch too!

~The Divine M