Pages

Friday, May 16, 2008

So Much For That

I admit it; I am a fan of the "I don't have time" excuse for not working out. Afterall, by the time you get changed, go for the walk, get home, get showered, get dressed again, you've gone through a lot of time, right? Right. Mind you, I know that if it is a priority, we make time. That's my point. ;)

However, today the temps are in the high 70s, low 80s. I wanted to be out. I wanted to go for my walk. So, when I got up, I simply dressed in my walking clothes. Did my morning thing and realized my latest addiction, The Deadliest Catch, was on at 11:00. Great. I would watch the show and go for my walk. At 11:59 a.m. by my kitchen clock, I was walking out the door.

My walk is two miles from my front door and back again. Not a marathon but a nice little way to get my heart rate up a bit. I take my two mile walk, get home, take a shower, shave, get dressed, do my hair, do my makeup, find my shoes and head into the kitchen for some coffee. According to my kitchen clock ~ the same one that read 11:59 as I left ~ now reads 1:03. Yep. An hour and four minutes to do all that. Guess I got time to work out, huh?

Damn.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

12 comments:

Crow Mother said...

How do I express my contempt for someone who so completely and utterly shatters the excuse that I have woven so tightly and securely around my fat little self??

hehehe! Proud of you!! ;)

All I can say in my defense is that trying to drag the fledglings from the nest with any sort of cardiovascular health-promoting alacrity is nigh impossible... so maybe my excuse remains intact. *whew*

Nemeria said...

Good for you! And for Crow Mother - I'd say just trying to get the fledglings READY to go for a walk is enough exercise for one day! (Says the woman who counts trying to get a cat into a carry-case as exercise.)

Jaded said...

I think that reading about your exercise was about as much exercise as I plan on doing for the day. It only took me a couple of minutes!

In my defense, I DID go get my hair cut and highlighted today. That was quite strenuous.

(Do NOT burst my bubble)

Crow Mother said...

Ah, the joy of solidarity with the sisterhood!!

akakarma said...

Deadliest catch is addictive but I think the guy on Dirty Jobs is sooo cute! I guess that tells you where I'm at for exercising!

Crow Mother said...

Well, after expressing my contempt, I thought it only fair to revisit this post and let you know that I just got back from a half-hour, 16-lap swim. Ok, not much, granted, but given that that's 16 laps more than I've done in over three years... not too shabby!

Does this mean I'm having to eat... no, we won't go there.

ZooooM said...

Yeah, the only way I actually get any exercise is by not even coming home from the office first. I have to take everything with me and hit the gym before my ass hits the couch or it's sooo over. And as you say, it's only an hour and change - but it feels like 4 hours sometimes.

Good for you - getting out there. Although you are far better a person than I am, for the hair and makeup definitely slide for me. Poor Mr. Zoom.

christine mtm said...

ok, don';t like deadliest catch but i totally agree with akakarma... the guy from dirty jobs is very cute. (and pobble... he is slightly balding under his hat.)

and don't feel bad about it taking so long. i still haven't gotten the timing right and i'm trying to walk early int he morning.

which is why, crow mom, that i wait until the kids are on the bus before i go for my walk.

Krystal said...

Yeah for you!!!!

Graziella said...

I know how it feels to make time to work out... Good job for getting out!

CrackerLilo said...

*giggles out of recognition*

If it weren't for my wife's nag...I mean, motivation and the occasional good surf day, I'd have to be lifted out of the house with a crane!

Dennis R. Upkins said...

I've found that doing exercise activities that you love (like for me it's rollerblading) will motivate you to get out and exercise more.

-neo_prodigy