Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Explosion

Today is one of those days I truly love. Lithus took yesterday off (kinda - he managed to only go in for an hour) from work and we went shopping, planning, snuggling, wandering, kissing, laughing through the rest of the day. We even bought a microwave.


By the time we got home, we were happy, tired, and ready to dig into our rotisserie chicken bought from the deli. The living room is blanketed in bags and bows and wrapping paper and presents and cards and glitter (neither of us are 100% sure where it came from). He is feeling Christmas-y for the first time all season. I am feeling even moreso than I had been.
And today I get to wrap and donate and decorate and stamp and mail. Because yes, that kind of thing makes me very happy. I love being busy. I love being holiday busy even better.


At one point yesterday, we called my mother and asked "red or eggplant?" When she asked why, we wouldn't tell her. Being singularly unhelpful (humph and look, Mother), she eventually said "Either." So we made our own decision. But before we got off the phone, my mom laughed and said "I love this time of year." And you know what? So do I.


Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

0 comments: