Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Not So Unintentional Paganism

Every day I've posted music here, I've also posted music over at Pauline's site. It's been fun and an easy way to keep up over there without having to work too hard during the holidays. But tomorrow has had me a little stumped. Tomorrow is Yule, the Winter Solstice. Here, where I am happily out, I will be posting Pagan music (no, I'm not telling what; you'll have to come back and see). But I'm not completely out IRL and Pauline is certainly not out. Hell, Pauline isn't anything. She's not religious; she's not political. She's just a novelist. Period. And yet...I couldn't bring myself to post something overly Christian tomorrow. Lucky for me, Crow sent me an email after the post entitled Unintentional Paganism. In fact, the title of this post was the subject line of her email.


Here's what she said:
(A mutual friend of ours) sent me this link as his Christmas card.  I knew I had to show you, but when I saw the title of your blog post, I had to check to make sure we weren't seeing the exact same thing!!  This is so incredibly gorgeous, so rich in Pagan imagery, just a luscious video... I know you'll get it!


And you know what? I do. She is absolutely right and I totally get it. So tomorrow, I will post this over at Pauline's place. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more.


Those are sly Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

1 comments:

Strowger Switch said...

I'm so pleased you posted the Annie! I love the Pagan elements and the stunning "antique" effect of the visuals. I've been a fan of Annie's flawless voice since 1979, pre-Eurythmics, so I've no choice but to forgive her use of auto-tune (Annie, NOOOO!!!) in the third verse alone. It's so heavy and isolated, it must be for effect and not for cheating. Yup, I'll stick with that.

Blessings on you and yours this season!

~~Mutual friend, B.B.