Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The Thing About the Holidays

Here's the deal ~ I love the holidays. Always have. The adult role models I had growing up continued to see them with the eyes of children and love them with a child's heart so it is perfectly normal to me that I always have done so as well. And yet, eight years ago...Daddy died on December 26th. Yes, it was eight years ago this December (which is impossible, isn't it?) but that doesn't seem to matter. When I miss him ~ as I do this morning ~ I miss him as much as I did at the beginning.

I think I know what's going on this year. I'm in boxes instead of settled. My decorations probably won't get unearthed to be unpacked, let alone put up. I'm further away from my friends than I've ever been. I'm completely single. And, for the first time in my life, I'll be a guest in someone else's home on the 25th instead of being in my own home. Mind you, I'll be going to the Lovely Cats's house which is as close to my own home as I can get without being here or in the basement. It's just...strange.

So, I admit I'm just a little ... off ... this season. I understand why. It's okay. It's just different for someone who has always been energized and more than a little pollyanna around the holidays.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you eggnog.

0 comments: