Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

From My In Box

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? paper ~ although I've had to use a couple bags this year due to oddly shaped gifts

2. Real tree or Artificial Real. I'm a bit militant about this one.

3. When do you put up the tree? Sometime in December. No real set date.

4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime in January. No real set date ~ although when I was Christian it was important to me to leave it up at least through Christmastide and Epiphany.

5. Do you like egg nog? love it. love it plain. love it spiked. love it in coffee. love it in pancakes. love it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? probably Bear, the stuffed one I still sleep with

7. Do you have a nativity scene? um... not so much, you know?

8. Hardest person to buy for? Tom Cat or the Grill Master

9. Easiest person to buy for? BioSis

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail ~ on years when I do them, which is more often than not.

11 .Worst Christmas gift you ever received? two bottle of red wine from my mother a couple years ago (I can't drink red because it gives me a migraine.)

12. Favorite Christmas movie? How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the real, animated one, not that dreck with Jim Carrey); 'Twas the Night Before Christmas (the one with the mice); George C. Scott's Christmas Carol (and yes, I know I've left out Wonderful Life but that's one of my favorite movies, period, so it doesn't feel like a Christmas movie to me.)

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I keep my eyes open year-round

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes *blushes*

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? dressing

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I've always done all white but we're having a clash of Christmas styles this year so the tree is all white but the balcony is colored

17. Favorite Christmas song? another three-way tie: Snoopy's Christmas; Bing and Bowie's Little Drummer Boy; and Transiberian Orchestra's Christmas Canon

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? In the past, I traveled. This year, staying home. Hoping to travel again next year.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Of course!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Currently a star, but that's because my tree topper is in storage still. Has always been and will always be (though this will shock you) a cross

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? All on Christmas morning

22 . Most annoying thing about this time of year? The whisper in the back of my head about Daddy's death. although, at least it's just a whisper now!

23. Favorite ornament? the aforementioned cross tree-topper

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? beef wellington, dressing, the vegetable is allowed to vary, and pie. :)

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? bath stuff

And for those of you who don't read the Lovely Cats, here's a
  • link
  • for you.


    Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

    4 comments:

    christine mtm said...

    that you tube video makes me laugh everytime i watch it

    BostonPobble said...

    Lovely Cats ~ How can you *not* giggle?

    Anonymous said...

    I'd send you a card but I have no address for you dear one. I've been where you are at Christmas time and it is lovely. I'm glad you are enjoying your Christmas Pobble. Feliz Navidad! I'm writing this from Mexico...which, by the way, has almost no sign of Christmas. No bueno indeed.

    BostonPobble said...

    Traci ~ Ooooo! Lovely. Enjoy!!! Although no Christmas presence would be tough.