Pages

Monday, December 17, 2007

Things Kinda Happened

I didn't mean to be away for so long. It just kinda happened. Here are some other things that just kinda happened...

* The FedEx truck pulled up and delivered a package ... for me!

* The FedEx truck pulled up and, while not delivering a package for me, played holiday music through the window while the driver was delivering to someone else, giving me a lovely, unexpected carols concert from my balcony

* Lithus and I wandered the city, people watching and looking at the lights and generally enjoying the season and each other

* I had a lazy day where I didn't even shower until 5:00 p.m.

* I had a lazy day where I didn't even shower at all

* All the presents ended up perfect ~ and sent to their respective homes

* The Nordstrom Santa made me smile because he has the "right" smile and twinkle in his eyes

* My vintage faux fur coat (that only cost me five bucks!) looked good enough that it drew snarky comments from the oh so earnest young activist kids behind me

* Egg nog and egg nog lattes came back.

It's a lovely season.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

12 comments:

ZooooM said...

I'm so glad your holidays are good enough to keep you away. Sure, I miss reading you. But I'd rather have you away for good GOOD things like these.

nRT said...

Hi BP, "I didn't mean to be away for so long. It just kinda happened. Here are some other things that just kinda happened..."
I don't know what happened but it did.
I am getting into the Holidays..they are fast approaching, so I better get my act together. I too am waiting for my packages from Fed Ex.
Have a Happy and Healthy Holiday.
I will learn to use the snowblower, no more shoveling for me.
Peace

Anonymous said...

Sounds absolutely wonderful to me. Glad you've been out and about and enjoying the season. As for Father Christmas...it is so hard to find just the right one...good score on finding yours! Happy Holidays Friend!

Graziella said...

:) And I got to take a stroll around the neighborhood in England where we're staying ;)

Glad the season is going well for you and Lithus

BostonPobble said...

Zooom ~ These are indeed very nice reasons for not blogging so much. I know you understand.

Nancy ~ Yay for a snowblower! May the holidays and new year be happy and Healthy for you as well!

Pharmyard ~ And you remember why I'm so picky about Santas, I'm sure. ;)

Graziella ~ May it be as good for you and Brit! I can't wait for details.

Jaded said...

Life has a funny way of just happening when we least expect it. You're going along fine one minute, then the next you're off on some adventure, whether exciting or relaxing, having a great time. By the time you realize you've been happening, time has flown by!

Your Christmas card with the obligatory pictures of Jadette was mailed out on Saturday. I addressed it to the Pobble and family, 'cause I don't remember Lithius' last name, and 'cause he is, in fact, part of your family.

I'm glad all is well. Life is happening here. In spite of the fact that I no longer speak to my parents, I am happier than I've been in ages. I know it's the same for you. Miss you like crazy!!

xoxox

Jess said...

Glad all is going well. Miss you!

BostonPobble said...

Jaded ~ I look forward to the picture. And yes, you are right, I do understand.

Jessica ~ HEY! Welcome ~ officially ~ to Pobble Thoughts. Miss you, too.

Xave said...

What a nice list, and thank you so much for stopping by. Feel free to visit my unlisted blog if you want (LoversA.blogspot.com). I'll be visiting you often.

Peace and Love,

Ali's Zay (A Lover's Dream)

kimber said...

Glad to hear it's all just happening wonderfully! By the way, I'm afraid I've tagged you -- I hope you don't mind. It just kinda happened. :)

2 Dollar Productions said...

I had a lazy shower-less day recently too, and they are to be enjoyed. Tis the season I suppose. Ha.

Glad to hear the festive mood is striking you.

BostonPobble said...

Ali's Zay ~ Lovely that we have found each other. Feel free to stop by any time!

Wolfgrrrl ~ I love me a tag so no worries!

$$ ~ During a time that can be so hectic, I think showerless days are even more important!