Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday Poll Question

The Sunday Poll Question is being preempted today for a request.

Today Lori, aka GNightGirl from "This Just In" is having an auction to raise money for her sister, Teri Pittman. Teri is fighting rare granulosa/germ cell ovarian cancer, which is inoperable. She is doing a magnificent and truly admirable job of fighting this thing. Only medical costs are rising in spite of the family's insurance.


The auction should be a grand party. Lots of laughter, music, some great items up for bid (full disclosure ~ I've offered up an item myself) and an overall celebration of life. Wouldn't you just love to be there? Yeah, me too.

Since most of us can't be though, instead of answering a poll question today, send some joy Lori and Teri's way. Sure, prayers are welcome (aren't they always? seriously...) but more than prayers, I'm requesting happiness, celebration, joy, kick-ass-lift-a-glass-open-the-windows-and-let-the-light-in kind of goodness. Leave 'em here. Leave 'em over at Lori's (I'm going to figure out why I can't link anymore and FIX IT, dammit!). Hell, leave 'em both places. And at some point today, lift your glass, your mug, your protein shake, whatever, to Teri and cheer.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

6 comments:

christine mtm said...

my protein shake is lifted high.

kimber said...

Best wishes sent!

nRT said...

All the best to Terri and her family. Fight as hard as you can, you might have the big 'C' but don't let the big 'C' have you. My glass is lifted and my thoughts are with Teri and her family.

Barry said...

I stopped by - -but forgot about the best wishes - ain't I an idiot


on my way back now...:D

Real Live Lesbian said...

Postive thoughts and prayers going her way! I'm off to leave well wishes at her site as well!

BostonPobble said...

Lovely Cats ~ You know, I didn't think about you lifting a protein shake. Expected it to be green tea.

Wolfgrrrl ~ THANK YOU!

Nancy ~ I'll be sure to have Lori read this, if she hasn't yet.

Barry ~ I do that kind of thing all the time. ;)

RLL ~ Whoo-hoo! Thanks! And I noticed your note to her about adding something if they do it again. You're so cool.

(Tai ~ Saw you commented over there and wanted to say thanks.)