Pages

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Weekday Ramblings

* I am officially and formally a member of a guild and a trade association. This pleases me to no end.

* Target makes me disproportionately happy, to the point that it doesn't matter they are all alike, everywhere. I want to go in every time I see a new one.

* When people try to sound smart, they usually end up sounding really stupid. This annoys me more than if they just sounded stupid to begin with.

* GOML! bought my book. He didn't have to. He's not a businessman, let alone an American businessman. He just did 'cause he "knows" me. This makes me happier than Target.

* Happy Birthday to Jaded and the Lovely Cats.

* Knowing what your sister wants for her funeral isn't morbid; it's actually a bit of a relief because it means you know you'll do it right. Now I just have to return the favor.

* If I wasn't afraid to jinx it, I would say that the weather has caught up with the fact that Spring is here. If we get another three inches of snow, it's my fault. Feel free to blame me.

* Getting all the "little things" handled can be more of a weight off my shoulders than any of the "big things" ever are.

* Having a job that allows you to shop, get manicures, drink coffee, eat pastries and meet new people really doesn't suck. On any level.

* I can tell which dog has fallen off the bed based on the sound of the landing.

* Getting woken up from a nap by Lithus presenting me with flowers is a lovely way to wake up.

* Parents who don't put their kids first really piss me the fuck off.

* Only one of my male readers had any comment about the post on Things That Cannot Be Explained and the question about shaving balls. This intrigues me.

* I have less of a problem with people who stay in bad situations when they are willing to admit just how bad the situation is ~ and yet there is something that makes them need to stay for now. If the person tries to minimize or pretend the situation isn't what it so obviously is, I have to remove myself or else I become...unhelpful, shall we say.

* I didn't realize just how much I had missed my music ~ until I got it back.

* Peanut M&Ms are a gift from the Gods.

* As much as I hate being on the phone, getting a phone call from the right person at the right time is really nice.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

9 comments:

ZooooM said...

Some Targets have the garden center on completely different sides!!

Target probably notices when we Zooms are having a tight month. I don't even go in there.

I agree that knowing what people want at their funeral is not morbid.

Hermes said...

I have been remiss with checking in what with report card season, spring break and all. So I went back and left a comment about ball shaving. Glad I could help.

christine mtm said...

that you can tell which dog it is by the sound of their thump is hysterical!

and how did i miss the ball shaving post?

BostonPobble said...

Zooom ~ Target is great, isn't it? Love Target.

GOML! ~ Ah, thank you. I was beginning to get concerned about the dearth of male response.

Lovely Cats ~ Lionel is a thud whereas Daisy is more of a whoomp. And the post wasn't actually about ball shaving. It was about the sad, pathetic and slightly scary attempts some people will make to get out of a situation AND things that cannot be explained, such as those sad, pathetic and scary attempts. Still, it's 2 or 3 posts back if you want to catch up. ;)

nRT said...

Target is it for me, I just p/u a king size comforter for 20 dollars. Love that store

Spring has sprung here in Boston Today might hit 60 but "they" are talking Friggen Snow for Friday or Sat. I am so done with the winter.

I agree, Knowing your friends and family's funeral or lack of funeral plans is the greatest gift.

Jaded said...

Target (with the French pronunciation, of course) is my happy place. You know, when you hear that pop-psych thing "go to your happy place" I go to Target. I actually LOVE the fact that they're all the same. I like the comfort that comes with knowing where everything is before you even walk through the front door.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, and for the nice comment about Mr. Jaded and me. There are moments when I'd like to wring his neck. The most recent was at 5AM today. Jadette was puking, I was YELLING for him to come help out and he claims he didn't hear me. Yeah. But for the most part, it's ok, lol.

I'm kinda with you on the bad situation thing, but only to a point. After a while, the "reasons" people say become excuses, and that pisses me off. It REALLY pisses me off when people insist on playing the victim without actually DOING something about it.

BostonPobble said...

Nancy ~ Boston...whimper...60s followed by snow. Yep. That's the New England I remember.

Jaded ~ Sounds like you and Mr. Jaded have a perfectly healthy relationship to me. ;) As for the "bad situation" scenario, saying "yes, I recognize this is bad and yet I'm not ready to leave" is very different (in my book) from whining about it and playing the victim. One is an adult choice; the other is...well, playing the victim.

Graziella said...

Um... I'm wondering if one of those comments was directed at me and if so, do we need to have a conversation?

BostonPobble said...

Graziella ~ Usual rules apply to this post: if I write something here, it's not aimed at a regular reader (unless it's positive!) ;) Of course, we *do* need to have a conversation but that's because I miss you!