Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Where I've Been

A friend of mine wrote to me because she realized I had been quiet here and IRL. She just wanted to make sure all was well. It is. And, as I wrote her back, I realized I had the makings of a post, explaining to y'all as well. So, here you go. My (edited for private stuff) email to a friend...

Things have been a little weird here. It's no one thing (and it's not the start of an episode, TTG) so I'm not even sure if I can explain it. It's it's frustration with my work; it's a job hunt outside the home because I'm tired of being broke all the time; it's the frustration that comes with being broke all the time ~ sure, bills are being paid but That's It, going for one drink or to a movie takes planning and looking at budget; it's an inability to find a job outside of the home because I've been self-employed for so long (that's the feedback that I got from the two places that bothered to give me feedback so I'm going with it); it's I'm trying to lose weight; it's the fact that I have weight to lose because I've gained 25 pounds in the last year; it's the fact that it's been a year since I've seen anyone I love except for Lithus and Timber; it's the fact that I am already tired of politics and yet cannot seem to turn on the t.v., radio or internet without being bombarded by it; it's because I'm being bombarded with it, I cannot escape the crazy hypocrisy on the part of both the liberals and the conservatives who don't get that they hold each other to and judge each other by different standards; it's the fact that Lionel is starting to get old and I don't want him to; it's the fact that I'm going to be alone on Halloween/Samhain because of Lithus's travel schedule and the fact that I'm broke so can't go to any of my family; it's the fact that the three women I consider sisters are all going through really, really life-affecting tough times (as opposed to general life tough times) and I can't get to them; it's because in 48 hours, I was yelled at for being "pro-abortion" because I support a woman's right to choose AND accused of being "anti-woman" because I disagree with Clinton supporters voting for Palin Just Because She's Female. Apparently, I can't win; I'm either too liberal or not liberal enough. Go figure; and, and, and... You get the idea.

Mind you, I'm also really cranking on a couple novels; working like a dog on the one that comes out in Feb; collaborating with my designer on a website that should be up and running by the end of October; actually getting out and exploring the area; and might have made a couple friends (but we're reserving judgment on that, just in case they turn out to actually be bitches or boring ~ which would be worse, let's face it.) so it's not all bad. it's just...a little weird right now.

So...that's where I've been. I'll try to be more diligent about posting. And, as sick as I am of it, there may even still be more political stuff. So, those of you who groove on those, rest easy; they may not be completely gone. Those of you who dread them, you've been warned. For now, I would just like life to not be quite so weird. Still, I'll take a little weird over drama and angst ridden any day. Considering where I've been...yeah, it could be a hell of a lot worse than a little weird. :)

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

9 comments:

kimber said...

Glad to see the update, BP -- I was starting to wonder where you had gone, and hoping all was going a-okay in Pobbleland!

Hermes said...

It is good to hear that you are getting- out and possibly making friends? I can't wait to buy your books when they come out.
I have absolutely no spiritual wisdom or knowledge to give except that we all have aspects of divine archetypes within us. Sometimes we are warriors. We have to be, even if we don't want to be. So I will simply call you Pallas and leave it at that. If anyone yells at you again, yell back. Kick ass and take names. It will solve nothing. But it feels good to stand your ground when it matters.
So glad to see you back.

BostonPobble said...

Wolfgrrrl ~ Yes, all is well in Pobbleland. Thanks for the wondering. ;)

GOML! ~ For what it's worth, I held my own and explained to both parties just how they were mistaken and how it is indeed possible to logically and rationally hold the opinions I hold. Still, I appreciate the vote of confidence and added boost from you.

Krystal said...

***HUGS & KISSES***

Anonymous said...

I will email soon. I started to post a response and after the 5th paragraph, I decided to just let it go and save it for a proper email. This week, I promise.

xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Much love and sugar from Texas!!! Because I know you need some southern lovin' every now and then.

Btw, my family is safe and fine as is the house. However I can't say the same for the fencing. They are currently staying in a hotel until power comes back in the next two weeks.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you lost your G-force shoe again...want to borrow mine in the meantime? I could overnight it.
Although it is probably just buried in the closet..ask the gnomes to find it for you.

Dennis R. Upkins said...

You and Vanyel seriously had me worried. I didn't know if something happened to either of you and the cavalry was about to ride.

I was about a hair's breath away from grabbing a tire iron, hopping in the car and whipping someone's ass if any harm had come to either of you.

You know as far as the feminazis go, you know what. I say to hell with them. If they can't see past gender then they're no better than male chauvinists.

The same goes for the right-wingers who hate on you for being pro-choice.

I've caught hell from liberal extremists who resent me for being pro-life (with the exception of rape, incest, or if the pregnancy threatens the mother. I also believe in safe sex education as well as abstinence education as the best way to end abortions not passing laws). I'm also anti-death-penalty and I recognize it's a complex issue no matter where you stand on it: potential living being and what a woman has the right to do with her own body.

I also don't believe in passing judgment if women genuinely believe that an abortion is the best course of action. As a man I am sympathetic to the situation.

Let me throw that out there before I get my ass kicked.

But yeah I've been there myself where people resent you because you think for yourself and won't follow the masses.

I've been accused by one party of aspiring to be white and then by another party of being racist towards white people.

Obviously both are false but I'm like I wish people would make up their mind. Just like you are.

You can tell I've missed you the way I'm rambling.

For what it's worth, I'm sorry the women in your life are going through such hardships. But I know the company you keep and the exceptional people you keep in your life. And if those women possess a modicum of the attributes you have, then they're going to overcome whatever challenges they're facing. Just as you will overcome your hardships and challenges. You're an amazing woman and I knew that God/the Goddess put you in my life for a reason. You're going to beat whatever obstacle you face and you're going to be just fine.

Hang in there doll. I'm here if you need me. Tire iron and all.

BostonPobble said...

Krystal ~ Back atcha!!!!

Jersey ~ I look forward to the email. As always.

Dreamer ~ I've been getting some updates from the Duck and my Dear One so I had a general idea that the area wasn't deadly. Glad to hear for Absolutely Certain! And yes, southern lovin' is rarely a bad thing and often necessary!

Pharmyard ~ Actually, not so much lost it as just thinking I need a different size. Again, not bad ~ just a little weird. Thanks though! I even know where it is should you need to borrow mine. ;)

Dennis R Upkins ~ Ditto, Ditto and More Ditto!!!!! I missed you, too. And I promise to let you know if I need that tire iron. It's nice to know you're out there. Big hugs. (Did I say Ditto?)