Pages

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

I'll Take It

Timber's been in a spot of trouble recently. Most of it, ordinary teenage stuff. Some of it, not bad right now but needs to be nipped in the bud before it does become more than ordinary teenage stuff, because it could go away ~ or it could become really anti-social. Lithus and Timber's mom have been trying to keep Timber completely in the loop, all three of them meeting together so everyone can hear what is being said. Until this spot of trouble. This spot of trouble heralded the beginning of the time that Lithus and Timber's mom needed to meet just the two of them.

Turns out she's not crazy. Turns out she's not abusive. Turns out Lithus isn't emotionally and verbally abusive. Turns out I'm not an overly strict evil stepmom who uses him as a slave. Turns out none of us are actually behaving the way it is being reported we are behaving. Turns out Timber reports hating Lithus and me as much as he reports hating her. Turns out he's painting us with the same brush he's been painting her.

Turns out, we're all turning into pretty good parents. Because if he hates us all, we're all doing something right. I'll take it. I bet Lithus and Timber's mom will, too.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

13 comments:

Gamina said...

Ahhh....the joys of teenagers. Where every day is drama and no one but said teen has the script.

Hermes said...

THe behaviour management technician in me just said "Mwa ha ha ha ha"!

Dennis R. Upkins said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nRT said...

United you stand Divided you all Fall and he Fails. He thought he had the three of you wrapped around his finger. He's probably not too happy your all communicating but hopefully you can all laugh at this bump in the road one day in the distant future.

christine mtm said...

whenever the princess kitty tells me i'm mean i always respond with, "good, then i'm doing my job."

good for you!

Pharmyard said...

Well, I don't envy you on this one. I also have no doubt that this is one right up your alley to fix. I'm just glad that the Squee baby hasn't started this behavior yet. I recommend hot bubble baths on days you have had to deal with this issue.

BostonPobble said...

Nemeria ~ And everyone else is stupid for NOT having said script. You forgot that piece. ;)

GOML! ~ Laugh away. It's been ... worthy of the eye rolling laughter around here.

Dennis R ~ I have deleted your comment. Will explain in an email. :)

WinRob ~ Because ttg the teenage years don't last forever. Here's to the laughter, whenever it comes.

Lovely Cats ~ Exactly. And good for you!

Pharmyard ~ Thanks. I think I am as well. And now it seems we'll all be on the same page, which will be Hugely helpful.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Wooooooo, I'm glad you'll take it, because I sure as hell don't want it back.

I'm so glad to have moved beyond those teen years...and I had a pretty good kid to contend with.

(Or so I thought--I've since learned that it was pretty easy to pull the wool over my eyes; now that they're 23, some of their wilder antics have been revealed to me. I think we're ALL lucky to be alive!)


My verification is "imutterd." That's what kids make you do, alright.

Dennis R. Upkins said...

Kids these days.

I blame it all on that MTV and that Rock and or Roll.

2 Dollar Productions said...

I don't really feel qualified to comment on this one except to say good luck & at least you're tackling it head-on, which is far better than sitting back & watching things go downhill.

Krystal said...

I have no personal experience with the divorced with children. However, I have a good number of friends who are. Sounds like Timber is a normal average teen. It's been nipped in the bud. I have faith in you both.

HA! my verification word is doldcdz. All parents are "doldcdz" (dolts)...

kimber said...

Good luck. You've got your eyes open and you're all for open communication -- it sounds like Timber's got good people caring for him.

Gay Soldier's Husband said...

What an interesting lesson. Sometimes resentments build and spiral out of control, and we create our own monsters where there are none. (And yet, sometimes people really ARE monsters...)

Here's a pat on the back *pat, pat, pat* for swallowing hard and doing what's best for your child. I am sometimes a vindictive bitch who holds ridiculous grudges, but am slowly learning...