Pages

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Bitch was Right

My loathing for Glinda the Good Witch really knows no bounds. HOWEVER! I have to admit, albeit grudgingly, that she is right about one thing. There is no place like home.

And I am home, my friends. Finally.

Tahoe was...well, you know how Tahoe was. The Blackbelt, the Divine M, the Lovely Cats, and P. C. emailed me often and helped keep me sane, Goddess love them all. And, as always, your comments. Whew!

LA was amazing. Time with Coffee Girl was comfortable and comforting and as easy as it was six years ago when we saw each other last. Just as I had known it would be. My time with Butterfly Boy (who needs a new moniker desperately ~ consider the contest open) was everything I had wanted it to be ~ except long enough. And LA itself was great ~ for a city that isn't in the Northeast. ;) It was really nice to be somewhere where people didn't stare at me like I was a freak of nature. No one even noticed. It was delightful. Especially after Tahoe where I had neon flashing lights over my head screaming "She's Not From Around Here!" LOL

In terms of work, my time with my collaborator was indeed productive, BB (somebody name him Something and Quickly!) explained yet another concept that has been plaguing me, and I am unblocked with the fiction as well.

Of course, there are stories. This is me, people. There are always stories. Those will, however, have to wait for a bit. Lionel and Daisy need snuggles. But it's official ~ I'm back. And damn happy to be so, even if it means Glinda was right.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

13 comments:

Krystal said...

Welcome back, my friend!!

Nemeria said...

You Survived!!!! How glorious and wonderific.

dondon009 said...

WHY IS THIS MAN SMILING?

Life today seems just a little brighter....... Pobble is back in town!

Welcome back dear friend.

YOU have been missed!

BTW: What have you got against Glinda? Here you go ruining all my childhood fantasies of wanting to be Glinda~

DON~

Dagoth said...

Hi Pobble

Welcome home, I hope it wasn't all as bad as you made it sound. Either way it's over now and you made it through it...

CrackerLilo said...

I'm SO happy you're back, and had a mostly good trip!

As for Butterfly Boy...I actually rather like that name!

Dwordman said...

Quite a following of friends you have. I am glad to see you doing well. I just thought I'd check on you to see how and what you were writing these days. Deep at heart your writing is always upbeat. And true.

ZooooM said...

HOORAY BACK! Can't wait for the stories. Give the critters a hug from me. I love critters.

2 Dollar Productions said...

Maybe you were selling Glinda short all these years because it nearly always feels good to be back home.

And while some stories would be nice, I always like to hold a few back for use at a later date.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Yay, you're back! Good to see your name highlighted again!

I'm going to LA next week, my first trip there.

Aisha T. said...

Welcome back, BP! Hehehe....yeah, the stare thing happens to me in MT. But, I grew up in it so, I'm kind of used to it. So many people to name! So many choices in my head! Good to see you back on.

christine mtm said...

i am relieved!

so glad you are back. think i'll check my im for you right.... now.

nRT said...

welcome home and Glinda is right there is no place like home.
My daughter gave your new book to her "boy friend" who is from Venezuela. She just started to 'date him' four weeks ago but he is leaving fri morning. I think they are really just friends because she knew he had to leave because of his Visa. So you book will be in Venezuela....he wants to learn english so bad that he wouldn't let my daughter speak spanish. So you book is on it way to Venezula.

Twisted Lady said...

Welcome back!