Pages

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

An Unhappy Shout-Out

There are things I don't understand happening in the world. Things that are making me angry, tired, sad, frightened, confused... And I don't understand them. I will read everything I can get my hands on ~ I won't understand them. I will listen to anyone who has an opinion ~ I won't understand them. I may even come to understand the politics well enough that I pick a side ~ and I won't understand the things that are happening.

So, I offer you these, my dear cyberfriends. Four blogs. Two from inside Lebanon and two from inside Israel. I make no claims as to which is true ~ or even"truer". I do not claim to know enough to take a side. I can't even promise you they are good blogs. I found them in a google search and nothing more. I do know that these are voices from people who are living...horror.

  • Beruit Live

  • Boker Tov, Boulder

  • Hashmonean

  • Kerblog



  • As always, comments are welcome. Respectful discourse and intelligent disagreements will always have a home here. Freedom of speech and all that. Any comments that drift ~ or explode ~ into name calling (or worse) will be deleted. The world is already at war. Let's not open up a Pobble Thought front. Thank you.

    Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

    3 comments:

    CrackerLilo said...

    Just all kinds of terrible. There's no argument about that. At least, there shouldn't be. Thank you for sharing these. I'm complaining about heat even though I have an air-conditioned home and sniping with my wife...I'm gonna go apologize to the Gods for not seeing my blessings now.

    Jaded said...

    I don't think there is a way to understand something with roots that are centuries deep. When it gets broken down into tiny fragments, sometimes it makes sense to me...like, to say that a group of well-funded, well-armed terrorists are waging "holy war" on Israel, and Israel is merely defending itself. That makes sense, right? But when you look at the bigger picture, it's too daunting. How can there ever be any such thing as a "holy" war? Isn't that an oxymoron? What god would EVER want death and destruction in his/her name?

    So, when it comes to the basic idea that one group attacks another, and the other defends itself, that makes sense. Sort of. But when you put the rest of it in context, it seems so insane to me that I don't even WANT to understand that sort of hatred. I could never possibly begin to understand a hatred so deep that I'd choose to die in order to keep someone else from living. And how do you promote peace in an area where for centuries, that's been the main goal? I have no answers. I have no comprehension. I have no idea as to who is right and who is wrong or if there is a "right" side. I have no idea what to do, other than to pray.

    Anonymous said...

    I can show you something to help you understand, but it will only help if you are willing to open up your mind,and stop defending whatever government you may believe is right b/c they are all wrong. Especially Israel and U.S.
    CUT AND PASTE. ONE HOUR LONG FOOTAGE OF THE TRUTH. (I'm 20 yrs old,and I've been studying this my whole life. I am also a STRONG believer of God. Open up your mind to the truth.

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6657600254881054584&q=documentary+lebanon+is%3Afree+duration%3Along&pr=goog-sl