Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Borrowing from $$

BDS over at Two Dollar Productions had a fun L-O-V-E tag. In case you missed it or you don't read him, he was tagged with the letter "V" and had to list ten things he liked and ten he didn't like that started with that letter. Although he didn't tag me, I'm borrowing it. And because I'm rushed for time these days, I'm tweaking it a bit, one of each for each letter.

Here is my L-O-V-E post:

L- Okay, something I love that starts with L could easily be Lithus. But that is easy and it's not his real name anyway, so we'll go with laughter instead. I love to laugh. I love the sound of laughter. Be it a small chuckle or a full-out, who cares who hears me guffaw, laughter is guaranteed to be a good thing. Appsrus has one of the greatest laughs on the planet. It's distinctive and joyous and contagious. We should all be able to laugh like he does. Something I dislike is logarithm. Damn but these things kicked my ass while I was in school. I'm still not 100% sure what they are. I'm not even sure I spelled it correctly. I've blocked the damn things.

O - Outlandishness. Kinda goes hand in hand with laughter, don't you think? But I dislike overweight. What I mean here is the concept. Yes, there are people out there who are truly, unhealthily too heavy. But I'm talking about the people (mostly women) who are a size 12 or 14 or even 18 instead of a size 2 or a size 0 and consider themselves overweight. Come on people! But this could easily turn into a soapbox so I'll let it go now.

V- Victories. Those little ones that get us through the day. Crossing off everything on the to-do list. Finding the perfect word to put in the mouth of a character. Whatever. Those are really good things. The dislike was easy: violence. Not a fan. In any shape or form. Be it organized, sanctioned violence, such as war; be it spontaneous and unplanned such as riots or crime; or be it subtle and insidious, such as playground taunting. Not a fan of violence.

E - Ethics. Our personal ethics define who we are. They give us strength in situations where we are uncertain or confused. I may not always agree with someone who sticks to their ethical beliefs but I have always found myself respecting the fact that they have them and have stuck to them. As for the dislike ~ endings. I admit it, endings make me sad. And I am very good at looking at them as the beginning of something else. Seriously. That's not just psychobabble. However, I have learned to look at them as beginnings because endings make me sad.

So there you have it. A quick, borrowed post. :)

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

6 comments:

Tai said...

A quick post but a good post...I really like the endings/beginnings thought. I may have to adopt that.

nRT said...

i am 100% with you on "E" E - Ethics. Our personal ethics define who we are. They give us strength in situations where we are uncertain or confused...
how true it is.
if people just accepted each other for who they truly are instead of who they are expected to be, everyone would be much happier.

Graziella said...

Now, where are my comments.... I'm trying to keep up when I'm in the city. :( any way, I must agree with Laughter. I miss laughing with you.

Light Seeker said...

Brilliant post. Aptly put and right on target. I wa sjust talking about laughter with a friend. Laughter is an amazing thing.

Thanks for this post...brilliant!

2 Dollar Productions said...

Good tweak as I thought this was a pretty fun tag (and I only recieve tags, I don't usually give them. Ha).

Laughter is great, and I'm right there with you on endings as I always like the infinite possibilities of good beginings yet generally hate the closure.

Spider Girl said...

If I have an day with Laughter and Outlandishness as part of it, I consider it a day well spent. :)