Pages

Friday, March 09, 2007

Rolling On Floor...

Gingrich admits having an affair in Clinton era
Former speaker who led impeachment push cites ‘periods of weakness’


WASHINGTON - Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich was having an extramarital affair even as he led the charge against President Clinton over the Monica Lewinsky affair, he acknowledged in an interview with a conservative Christian group.

"The honest answer is yes," Gingrich, a potential 2008 Republican presidential candidate, said in an interview with Focus on the Family founder James Dobson to be aired Friday, according to a transcript provided to The Associated Press. "There are times that I have fallen short of my own standards. There's certainly times when I've fallen short of God's standards."
Gingrich argued in the interview, however, that he should not be viewed as a hypocrite for pursuing Clinton's infidelity.


...laughing my fucking ass off. Or else I will cry.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

8 comments:

Rose said...

Pobble that whole administration has been nothing but a joke to me and most of the nation.

Aisha T. said...

Hey, remember that Christian line that goes something like, "He who is without sin shall cast the first stone"

Yeah, right.

And by the way, I think there is something worse about lying people into a war than there is about lying who you slept with.

Jaded said...

Politicians are liars. All of them, regardless of party affiliation.

I think we should do that whole "None of the Above" thing from the old Richard Pryor movie. (Brewster's Millions, I think)

christine mtm said...

jaded, what a great idea!!!

actually i think it makes him a HUGE hypocrite that he was having an affair at the same time as he was out to get clinton for having got some himself. (whew, that was a sentence.)

what a big hypocrite.

sttropezbutler said...

Here in Texas there are still far to many Republicans who support all of those men. I don't understand it, I never will. Did it take a rocket scientist to figure out that those who were casting the first stone lived in glass houses?

History repeats and repeats and repeats.....

STB

dondon009 said...

Now of course, the other idiot has jumped on the bandwagon...

Jerry Falwell said he has usually been able to tell when a man who has experienced "moral collapse" was genuinely seeking forgiveness. "My sense tells me that Mr. Gingrich is such a man," he wrote.

Since they believe in hell, I say "to hell with all of them"!

nRT said...

Only in the good old USA.
I with you, I am laughing because we all should be crying, and that isn't pretty.

dondon009 said...

IF you don't know whether to laugh or cry, stop by and read my latest conservative discovery!

Who loves ya baby?

DON