Pages

Friday, March 09, 2007

Life is but a Dream

Having barely completed re-entry from the visit with Lithus, I am preparing for a visit from Dreamer. It's her senior year, spring break and she is choosing to spend it...with me. I am flattered. Puzzled ~ yet flattered nontheless. Somehow, I just don't consider my apartment here in Worcester the happening place for senior year spring break.

We have talked about what we might do. I have ordered groceries for vegetarian meals. There is tea and 2% milk in the house. And I have assured her that I have plenty of sweaters, coats and scarves she can wear since it is going to be much, much colder than she is used to. (Mind you, we're looking at a warm spell so it's all relative...)

In speaking with DreamerDad tonight, I realized really what an honor this is. Don't get me wrong; I was excited beforehand. But this man has never even laid eyes on me. Neither has DreamerMom. They have taken a leap of faith that I will care for their child. That I will entertain her appropriately. That I will see her well home. And it's a statement of faith in Dreamer as well. It means the Dreamer'Rents trust her, know her, believe in her. I'm impressed all the way around.

So, tomorrow I will put a last clean on the place and Saturday be waiting just outside security (follow the signs to baggage claim, honey. I'll find you.) for her to walk through the gates. And show my young friend New England.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee ~ or tea or 2% milk!

2 comments:

Graziella said...

Considering I didn't go anywhere for my senior year spring break, due to very protective parents....Wootown seems cooler and cooler by the minute!

Rock on man!

nRT said...

love the title, it applies to many thing in life. that saying got me through some tough time when my kids were small.

I have another one that you might like. Its from my X-Ray college days, its the 'inverse square law' but it applies to life and families also. The ISL applies to radiation but when used with life, it so appropriate.
The ISL is "Time, Distance and
Shielding".. I say it's only a matter of time before some family member will hurt you, so keep your distance and always keep a shield handy.