Pages

Friday, October 03, 2008

Birthday Post Take 1

Since I plan on having at least one more. That's the joy of being grown; you get to have as many birthday posts as you want.

Thirty-nine isn't sucking so far.

The day started with breakfast in bed and the birthday song. I managed to wake up just enough to register what was going on before cursing at Lithus for being so freakin' loud when I was still sleeping. And I wish I could post a picture but that would've required far more awake-ness than I was up to pre-coffee. However, breakfast was my favorite wheat toast, Irish cheese and fresh strawberries, along with the above big ol' mug of coffee, accompanied by new fuzzy pink slippers (I had walked the bottoms out of my old ones, literally), a card from Lionel, a card from Lithus and a small gift. Oh, and flowers by my bed. Again, this isn't sucking.

When I came downstairs, my desk was covered in more presents and cards. Those I will save for this evening, with cake and ice cream.

And although there have been several phone calls regarding Financial Words in between breakfast in bed and now, my co-author finally said "We'll do the rest of this tomorrow. It's your birthday. Go be happy. We'll get this done." So...I am. :)

Happy Birthday to me...

May everybody have a great day, as well!

Those are Birthday Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

39?? Just a kid!!!

Happy birthday doll, you know I just love your little Pobble self :-)

christine mtm said...

happy birthday!!!

i'm always grateful that you are 6 months ahead of me so that you make the age i'm about to turn look great!

did you get my ecard and present?

miss you and love you more than my luggage

ZooooM said...

Happy happy birthday!! Hope it's fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

I am serenading you as we speak.

Happy Happy and all that. You deserve all of the goodies and goodness that you can get. I don't have much sympathy for your age, however, 'cause I'm 42, so you'll have to excuse me for being a tad jealous that you're still under 40.

I hope the day turns out to be more than you could ever wish for, and then some.

xoxox

kimber said...

Happy birthday to you!!! First, I love those slippers, but the picture alone made me squint -- they're so bright. I can only imagine that, in real life, they are as blinding as the sun.

And secondly, I loved your pictures from the coast -- you both look so happy! May the year ahead be full of many many more adventures that cause you both to smile!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday honey. Thanks for your wise words recently. Hope you have a great day. xoxoxoxo

Dennis R. Upkins said...

Happy birthday beautiful. Here's to many, many more glorious birthdays.

BostonPobble said...

Vanyel ~ That is one thing I am enjoying about this age: I'm old enough to have some wisdom behind me; young enough to enjoy it! Kisses and other fabulousness to you.

Lovely Cats ~ Thank you. And you, too.

Zoooom ~ Oh, it was. Check out the above post! :)

Jersey Girl ~ And I know that serenade sounds FABULOUS, dahlink! And no sympathy needed for my turning 39. I've never been one for having an issue with getting a year older. Anyway, 39 is proving to be quite delightful.

Wolfgrrrl ~ Thank you very much. It is a lovely time for me. And yes, the slippers are indeed brighter than the sun pink in life. :)

StevieD ~ Thanks. Kisses back atcha.

Dennis R Upkins ~ Ah friend, thank you. Hugs and all that.