Pages

Thursday, October 02, 2008

A Birthday Hat

Tomorrow is my birthday. I don't know exactly what the guys have planned but I know they are out this afternoon and I'm not allowed with them. And I know that dinner is Lithus' homemade meatball subs, au gratin potatoes, Caesar salad, yellow cake with chocolate frosting and Baskin Robbins chocolate chip ice cream. Timber is thrilled.

I did, however, request a slightly more adult day/evening/dinner/something with Lithus. Yesterday, he delivered. In spades.

We went to the shore (or, as it is known out here, I'm learning, the coast).

We took our time driving. We talked and laughed and walked. We bought me a hat and wandered the shops. We were silly and happy. We laughed at the seagulls (they're brown out here! Who knew????) and stood arm in arm, snuggled up, watching the sunset over the water. Then went for seafood for dinner and ~ excitement of excitement! ~ they had homemade pumpkin pie. My first of the season.


I am happy. I am content without being complacent. I am in love and I am loved. It's not a sucky way to start a new year.


Happy birthday to me ~ just a little early.



Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The shore...who calls it the shore? >.> We call it the coast down here...

Anonymous said...

To be in love and loved is a wonderful thing. Happy birthday!

-MikeC
(currently on vacation on the central California coast!)

nRT said...

A Very Happy Birthday to You. i am from Boston we say going to the 'Cape' or the 'beach'

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! Love the pix, and the hat. What a great day!

Anonymous said...

Haven't commented much lately but I love the hat and the expressions of contentment! Happy Birthday!

Gamina said...

That's great. That's just really, really great!

BostonPobble said...

Dreamer ~ Amazing how we can say such different things and still speak the same language!

MikeC ~ Thank you Very Much. Birthday wishes are always wonderful. Birthday wishes while the wisher is on vacation are especially special.

WinRob ~ Thank you! And interestingly enough, it is from my Boston/Massachusetts friends that I learned to say "going to the shore" or "the Cape." The southern east coast uses "beach" as well.

GNightGirl ~ Thank you! The hat is great, isn't it?

Starrlife ~ Well, thank you for breaking your silence to say hi! Life is good.

Nemeria ~ Yeah, it is. :)

Dennis R. Upkins said...

Awwwwwwwwwww. You guys are so adorable in those pics.

You just look beautiful as always.

And Lithus.....well...let me put it this way. My husband WILL BE either Canadian or British. Of course he's making a strong case for our neighbors to the north. ;D

BostonPobble said...

Dennis R Upkins ~ Thank you. And I passed your words on to Lithus who blushed delightfully.

Graziella said...

Looks like a lovely time!

I love you.