Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Holy Shit, People!

I'm engaged. Yep. You read that correctly. Engaged. As in "getting married." As in "you, forever." As in "that thing I swore I would never do and, quite frankly, never want again." As in "Holy shit, people!"

Wednesday night, Lithus went out for a pack of smokes. He came back with an engagement ring. I was at my desk, finishing up some work and he asked if he could talk to me about a few things. I said sure, saved everything and spun around. He talked some and then next thing I knew, he was down on one knee, asking me to be his wife, asking to be my husband.

Holy shit, people!

And yes. I said yes.

  • The ring is white gold with garnets.
  • We haven't set a date yet but we're thinking probably this coming February or putting it off until next Autumn because there is no reason to even pretend we can get married during fire season.
  • It will be an uber-small wedding. A lot of good friends aren't invited. In fact, we're not really having a wedding at all. We're getting married and we're telling a small group of people where and when and saying "If you want to be there, great. If we're too far away or too expensive or it doesn't work with your schedule, we understand. Otherwise, stick around because there will probably be cake." And that's about it.
  • Hopefully, it will be as close to simply wandering down to the court house and meeting with a Justice of the Peace as it can be without actually wandering down to the court house and meeting with a Justice of the Peace.
I'm still a little in shock. It came out of the clear blue. There have been no conversations. No hints. No wandering through jewelry stores, exchanging meaningful looks and smiles. Nothing. But I'm happy. Happier than I have been in my adult life. Because bottom line is, after all the love and the in love and the schmoopiness, we just really, really like each other. Add the love and the in love and the schmoopiness...how could I have said no?



Holy shit, people!

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

16 comments:

Real Live Lesbian said...

YAY!!! Congrats! The ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Yayyyy! The ring is gorgeous, garnets are my favorite stone. I'm so happy for you. If I can't crash your wedding, put my cake in an envelope and send it to me.

Unknown said...

The ring is absolutely gorgeous!

Congratulations to you both. I'm so happy for both of you.

kimber said...

Congratulations!!!! It's a beautiful ring to match a beautiful relationship.... and I'm all weepy now because love makes me weepy.

Hermes said...

Holy shit indeed. Congratulations. News to be celebrated. As you may be a Canadian soon, a Canuck reception might be in order. We could call it... coffee at my house... or something. Its a small country. It could work.

Happiness, happiness. Looking forward to hearing how it all goes. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

What can I say, besides congratulations! Mazel tov!

Anonymous said...

Congrats again!!

Glad to see the ring. It's as I pictured from your description and it suits you perfectly.
LOVELOVELOVE to you both!!!

traci said...

Holy Shit is right! Congratulations my dear.

Krystal said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

*gasped and nearly fell, she was picking up something off the floor when the page loaded*

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *bounces around like the school girl she is* I am SO excited for you!

BostonPobble said...

RLL ~ Thank you so much. Seems as if October was a good month for both of us (and for our respective partners!)

Nemeria ~ I'm SO glad you checked your email. rofl

GNightGirl ~ Cake in envelope. Check. :)

Dennis ~ Thanks, sweetheart.

Wolfgrrrl ~ Go right ahead and be weepy over love. Little is worth it more.

GOML! ~ I'm gonna hold you to that Canuck reception one of these days. Take it as a promise or a threat, whichever you prefer.

MikeC ~ Sure, it's been said before...but not by you so that makes this one special. Thanks.

Jersey Girl ~ *giggle* and thanks. lovelovelove right back atcha.

Traci ~ Thank you, thank you!

Krystal ~ AAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! Can you believe this???? Holy shit!

Dreamer ~ I will Pobble Hop right along with you. Thanks. :):)

ZooooM said...

I'm so happy for you guys!! This is the greatest news EVER! I have not been to your blog lately, was afraid of the fire news bringing stress to your life.

I WAS WRONG AND BOY AM I HAPPY ABOUT THAT! I love that it will be a small and intimate ceremony.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Momo said...

Wowweeeee! CONGRATS!

Soooo happy for you!

(And HOLY SHIT, I love the way you announced it! Love that!)

CrackerLilo said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! The ring is gorgeous!

My mom says the wedding is really the start of a story, not the end. I hope this is the first chapter of a long and beautiful story.

Adele said...

Many congrats. Beautiful ring. Don't lose your minds arranging the wedding, trust me, you get about 6weeks fromt he day and realise you are mumbling as you walk down the street. ;)

BostonPobble said...

Zooom ~ Thank you. :):):):) And no, the fires aren't affecting us personally, for which we too are grateful.

Momo ~ I figured the announcement might as well match the announcer. Thanks for your wishes and appreciating the announcement style.

Cracker Lilo ~ Thank you. And I totally agree with your mom.

Hagelrat ~ First, welcome to Pobble Thoughts. Always nice to see a new name. Second, thank you for your good wishes. Third, no, no craziness over the wedding. We've both been married before and have done that one. This one...we're getting married, we're not having a wedding.