Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Getting A Few Things Straight

1. If you do something that angers me, it is not appropriate for you to then get angry at me when I actually *gasp* get angry at what you have done. And yes, the reverse is true as well. I piss you off, I need to just let you be pissed and not get defensive and angry. No double standard. I can even understand completely where you're coming from ~ and it still might make me angry. Understanding and anger are not mutually exclusive things. Get over it.

2. I could give a shit about how much money has been spent on Sarah Palin's wardrobe*. The Republicans were in a no-win situation there. They spend a lot of money on her clothing and they get called out for it. They don't and people point to her packaging as further proof she's just a hick. Seriously, can we talk about issues and not about clothing? Please.

3. You do not get to claim that you handle all the details of a child's life...if you don't even bother to get him his flu shot or call the school when he is sick to ensure his absence is excused and frequently refuse to handle things hoping to screw over the other parent. If you are so willing to try to screw over the other parent that you are willing to let others be the ones who see him dressed to the nines for the first time in his life and then can't even tell him he looks good because the other parent is the one who helped make it happen ~ hell, you can't even claim to love the kid the most, let alone claim to be the one who handles it all.

4. The man who was on the right side of the helicopter when it went down, who is still in physical therapy from his injuries, who may never work in his chosen field again, deserves to be one of the men not caught up in layoffs. If you've only been with the company a few months and did get caught in the layoffs, shut the fuck up. I don't care that you can still fly. He's still not the one who should've been laid off.

5. Just because a neighborhood isn't occupied by mostly white folks doesn't make it a bad neighborhood. Are there bad neighborhoods? Oh. Hell. Yes. Can you tell if it's a bad neighborhood by driving through it? Probably. Can you tell by looking at the color of the residents' skin? Nope.

6. A blog is a good place to vent. Keeps the real life drama down. Now ~ let's go cope appropriately, shall we? And thanks.

* On a more amusing note ~ I read an article that had the headline: How To Shop Like Sarah Palin. The hook was: It's not easy to spend $150,000 on clothing. We know. We tried. Listen, if you can't spend $150,000 on clothing then they sent out the wrong journalist. Especially at places like Neiman's and Saks, let alone Talbots and Macys. You're an amatuer and I should have been given the assignment.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

7 comments:

Dennis R. Upkins said...

*nods*

Very well said.

Anonymous said...

I am SO with you on #1. This is something my husband needs to learn before I smother him with a pillow. Lovingly, of course.

#2 - not with you. It IS an issue when your campaign is based on bringing reform to wasteful spending practices in Washington. It's also an issue if it violates certain campaign laws, which it would were she to keep the clothing. I think it speaks to they hypocracy of the whole Republican agenda, actually.

#3- just LOVELOVELOVE the kid. The kid will do fine in spite of the mother, not because of her.

#4 - Amen.

#5 - You've been to my house. My next door neighbors are from Ethiopia and are Muslim. The neighbors on the other side are from the Dominican Republic. The folks behind me on the other side of the street are Indian. The folks directly across the street are Asian. And it's a nice neighborhood, isn't it? My sister and soon to be ex brother in law always thought it was a tad "dark" (their words, not mine) but I have always thought it gives my child the chance to grow up in the real world. People look different, come from different places and have different cultures. It's important to respect that and embrace it.

# 6 - You're right, and you're welcome.
xoxox

2 Dollar Productions said...

I'm a bit behind, so to catch up: hope the writer's block is receding now as that is miserable while you're in the middle of it, you're spot-on with the Palin/clothes issue (or non-issue to me, there are far bigger fish to fry) and there are so many factors that make up a good or bad neighborhood that it's simply ridiculous or lazy to lay it at the feet of the color of the residents.

BostonPobble said...

Dennis R Upkins ~ Nods back. Thank you.

Jersey Girl ~ Here's how this one went:
Lithus ~ You got an interesting comment from Jersey Girl on your blog. Who's Jersey Girl?
Pobble: Oh, that's my friend, Jersey.
Lithus: She seems very intelligent and articulate.
Pobble: Oh, she is. She absolutely is.
Jersey Girl. Winning Over the Pobble Family One Member at a Time.

$$ ~ Writing block is still around and getting scarier. In fact, you almost got an email. The clothing thing has been done to death. And I love your reaction that looking to race/ethnicity regarding a neighborhood is lazy. It's a bunch of things ~ and yes, lazy is one of them. I'd just never thought of it that way. Nice touch.

Anonymous said...

I could kill for some of Sarah Palin's shoes...

Oh and btw Pobble, you'd be proud...I'm flying home on Thursday night to catch the last day of early voting Friday morning since I have no classes on Friday.

BostonPobble said...

Dreamer ~ You are right on both counts: I would kill for her shoes as well AND I am proud of you. ;)

Anonymous said...

Well, I DO love me some Lithius, and now I know why! lol

Plus, you KNOW I love the Pobble.