Pages

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Birthday Post Take 2

The rest of my birthday was truly amazing. My guys went above and beyond for me. Check it out...

I went for a nap after we picked Timber up from school. Came down to decorations:





(and please note, they gave my dad his own party hat!)

Which, of course, means Lionel had one as well. Especially since he had given me a card...




I also woke up to fresh, still warm, homemade from scratch, pumpkin pie spice scones and tea "to tide us over until dinner"
Ooooh! I do love Lithus!

Of course, there was cake. Yellow cake with chocolate icing. And yes, I made it myself although Lithus was more than willing to do so (the man made homemade from scratch pumpkin pie spice scones; I think he could've handled a box cake ~ but it's kind of a tradition that I make my cake, so he let me.)



Although the gifts were all incredible, this one really touched my heart (as you can see from my reaction):




As I told Lithus and Timber last night, there is nowhere else I would rather have been last night then right here, at home, with them, to celebrate my birthday. Life is good, friends.

Those are grateful Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

11 comments:

Nemeria said...

Ah, it sounds like you had the most amazing and incredible birthday ever. I'm so very happy for you.

Hermes said...

Happy birthday. It looks like it was great fun. What a great time of the year for a birthday.

kimber said...

Best! Gift! Ever!

Krystal said...

Very VERY happy birthday to you!!!!

christine mtm said...

yellow cake with chocolate icing! that sounds even better than the scones. (and the scones sounded really good.)

you deserved every second of that wonderful day.

2 Dollar Productions said...

I had to backtrack and catch up, but . . . Happy Birthday! That sounds like a great time, which certainly warranted multiple posts.

The scones looked great, however, that frame was pretty damn stellar too. I bet you're excited as I know I would be.

Hope you enjoyed every minute of it.

BostonPobble said...

Nemeria ~ Thank you, dear friend.

GOML! ~ Thanks. And yes, the time of year has always increased the happiness of my birthdays.

Wolfgrrrl ~ Isn't it though!!????!!!

Krystal ~ Thanks! :)

Lovely Cats ~ It was yummy, indeed.

$$ ~ "Pretty damn stellar." What an excellent way of putting it. Nail on the head. And thanks.

Dennis R. Upkins said...

Your father has a vague resemblance to Donald Sutherland.

lithus said...

I am glad that you enjoyed all of it.
There were a lot of balloons ...
Happy birthday again.

BostonPobble said...

Dennis R Upkins ~ Hm. To my knowledge you are the firs to point that out. I used to describe him as a perfect cross between Santa Claus and Col. Sanders.

Blacklok ~ There were indeed. And every one of them appreciated. :*

CrackerLilo said...

Oh, how wonderful! So sorry I haven't been around in a while, but I'm glad you had such a wonderful start to the year anyway!