Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Locked Out

BOO on blogger who locked me out of my own blog for a few days. And apologies to anyone who tried to comment and couldn't because blogger had locked you out of my blog, too. And thanks to those who wrote when they couldn't comment. YAY on you. BOO on blogger.

So what has been happening while I've been locked out? Let's just sum it up some...

* Timber has gotten involved in his high school theatre and was the house manager for his first show this past weekend. On the one hand, I love this. I did theatre for so very long and it was such an incredibly large part of my life, who I was and who I've become as an adult. On the other hand...I remember high school theatre. I remember the cast parties. I remember the "adult supervised" parties. Mostly, I remember what high school girls think about the cute boys in their high school theatre. And I'm not so sure I love it quite so much. Suddenly, I find myself having to ask the question ~ do I tell him why teenagers like to play sardines and hopscotch and that they are Very Different games than they were when he last played them in elementary school gym class? I decided that, yes, I would give him the heads up so it didn't take him by surprise but that oh hell no I am not going to tell him how to play them differently. It's one thing to tell him they *can* be played differently. It's another to spell out the rules of the game.

* Sometimes, I miss my life in Massachusetts so badly it hurts. I wouldn't give up Lithus and Timber just for New England. And, sometimes, the fact that I had to choose is almost too painful to bear. Yeah...I've had a couple of those days here recently.

* The leaves in our neighborhood have changed. Overnight, they went from green to yellows and oranges and some reds. Magnificent. Really. It's nice to be somewhere where there is an Autumn.

* It's official ~ I've hit writer's block. That kind of writer's block where I am convinced I will never write another word and cannot understand how I managed to get two novels written in the first place. It's been coming on long enough now that I know it's official. I know in my logical, reasonable mind it will pass and yet...Lord, but I hate this kind of writer's block.

* Lithus hasn't changed since proposing. Neither have I. I think we are both secretly grateful. I know I am.

* I am really, Really (REALLY) over eating yogurt. Really.

And that's pretty much it after the last few days. It's nice to be back, even if my comments have to do the pop-put thingy now. What's up with you?

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sardines and hopscotch?

Do tell.

"It's one thing to tell him they *can* be played differently. It's another to spell out the rules of the game."

Yes the game is meant to be sold, not told.

lithus said...

I must be out of touch. I had never heard of either game before, even in gym class.
I think that the only real "social" contact sport that I remember was "Twister", you know spin the thingy and try to reach the spots on the mat. Getting anymore snuggley would have been too much for being 14 in that time.
Mixed over-nighters? Never happened in my school... I must have been from another world as far as my teenage social life went.

BostonPobble said...

Neo ~ Sardines is like hide and seek only everyone who hides then starts trying to sneak to another person's hiding place, getting there without being seen by whoever is It. The goal is for everyone to be crammed into one small space. Perfect for groping, kissing or...whatever. Hopscotch becomes a drinking game ~ and that's all I'm gonna say here in case Timber ends up reading over my shoulder one afternoon. ;)

Blacklok ~ Not out of the loop, just not a theatre kid. It's the theatre kids that get into this kind of trouble. You've been warned. Seriously, maybe I should be the one to pick him up from cast parties. *evil laugh*

lithus said...

You are dangerous....I think that I will just descend back into the World Of Warcraft and enjoy the compforting embrace of being Thrall's minion most loved....to battle the injustices of the Alliance. To take honor on the battlefields of the bravest.
Under Thrall there is guidance and direction.
Yes my Lord there should be flowers offered in every airport in your honour to show that the Horde is loving and so misunderstood.

traci said...

I dreamed of you a few nights ago. Odd, that. Peace.