Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

Borrowing

I am so not above borrowing. Not at all. A friend of mine is Jewish and she has loaned me her new year. In return, mind you, I have loaned her my Pagan one. We figure, we'll take all the fresh starts we can get.

Today, I am borrowing Lithus' Thanksgiving. Because if I can use all the fresh starts, then an extra day to remind myself to give thanks ~ yeah, I can probably use that one as well.



It's particularly special because Lithus is actually home today. He wasn't supposed to be. It's just worked out that way. What makes that especially nice is he is so rarely home for any holiday, but especially not his. His American-based company runs 365 days a year so little things like American holidays can't mean much ~ let alone things like Canadian ones. Also, this is the first time he's been with a partner who respected his holidays as much as she respects her own.

Now, the house is filled with the smell of roasting turkey, dressing and potatoes. Before too much longer, we will add the aroma of homemade pumpkin pie to it.

It's a quiet, gentle day ~ every much like the November Thanksgivings to which I am accustomed ~ and we are being quiet and gentle with each other. And giving many, many thanks.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, but especially to my Canadian readers. May you know your blessings when you can and feel their presence even when they aren't so obvious.

Those are thankful Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee and pumpkin pie.

8 comments:

kimber said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you both!

(I'm going back for a second piece of pumpkin pie.....)

Dennis R. Upkins said...

Glad you got to enjoy the holiday with Lithus.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Yum. Much better than the smell of peanut butter sandwiches wafting through my house...

And you can borrow anything of mine. What's mine is yours.

BostonPobble said...

Wolfgrrrl ~ Thank you! Hope your pie was Delicious!

Dennis R Upkins ~ Us, too.

GNightGirl ~ The smell of peanut butter sandwiches wafts through my house often. And right back at you.

2 Dollar Productions said...

That's really great news . . . I didn't even realize Canadian Thanksgiving came so early until last week.

I'm looking forward to those smells in another month or so. Enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

I'll have some of that pie....

Krystal said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!

christine mtm said...

yeah, but is it as good as my pumpkin pie?

happy thanksgiving day!

i am certainly thankful for both of you