Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Hanukkah, Oh Hanukkah

With the move, we have unpacked a lot of boxes. We have even unpacked those boxes that we haven't opened since we left Washington. It's been fun finding things. The picture the Muppet's parents gave me when I sold my first book. The card from the Divine M's aunt. My $2 bills from my dad, grandfather, and brother-in-law. And the SGM's challenge coin. Oh.

It was his first one. The one he got when he passed Special Forces Q Course. While I carried it proudly for years, I had completely forgotten I had it. I have had absolutely no desire to be in touch with him for years, but now... Well, I still have no desire to be in touch with him, but he does need to get this back. I have too many things that I have lost to our divorce, that I will never see again, to inflict that on anyone, including the person who inflicted it on me.

Earlier in the week, I wrote about thinking about another ex with kind indifference. Seems there's a lot of that going on this season. Over the next few weeks, I'll track him down. See if he can still get mail at the unit where I knew him to be stationed, or if he's moved on. I'll return his coin ~ and keep moving on, myself.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.



3 comments:

Ian Lidster said...

Thoughts of an ex remain a confusing thing. To me, at least, and I have two of them. Sometimes I miss both (#2 a bit more than #1) and my problem is they both live in this community -- one a mere block away. Anyway, newfound and valued friend, I would like to know more about your writing and books, etc. And thank you for the BNL Hanukkah.

Sean said...

Amazingly healthy. Good for you! I had a moment this past weekend where I made a conscious decision to try to forgive everyone for everything "wrong" done to me up until that time. Easier said than done, I'm sure I'll think about someone and get irritated by something before too long here. But still, the process really changed my mindset, at least for the last couple days.

BostonPobble said...

Ian ~ Definitely bittersweet with the SGM, anyway. On the one hand, I'm happier with Lithus than I ever was or ever could've been with him. On the other, I loved him very much and still think about him, and hope he's well.

As for the writing, the quick version is I am published as a nonfiction writer and a romance novelist, but will write anything anyone is willing to pay me. ;) Will email you more details.

Sean ~ And good for you, as well! I, too, have learned that I can make the conscious decisions to heal, forgive, be happy, be less angry, whatever. Back sliding is inevitable, but if we both keep climbing surely we can slide a little less each time.