Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

What It's About

A special hat tip to Rose. Okay, more than a hat tip. A full on, huge hug and praise from the mountaintops. See, no one has been able to explain to me how to self-publish on amazon. The responses have been along the lines of "play around the site; you'll figure it out" and "I have someone who does it for me."

You know, I played around the site and never did figure it out. Honestly, you won't figure it out, just by playing around the site. There's a specific link and such. I know this now, because Rose replied with "oh, sure, let me send you an email." Then she actually and for real followed up with an email. With step by step instructions. And more offers to help.

Here's the thing: The publishing industry is cutthroat. Broad brush ~ authors are not nice people. There is a lot of lip service, and very little true camaraderie. I have been lucky enough to find it in a handful of people, but not many. Mostly, sure, there is support. There are warm fuzzies. But when it comes time for the tangible assistance, there is reticence. As if someone else's success might draw away from theirs. Again, don't get me wrong, I have met a few authors who will go the steps beyond supportive warm fuzzies. But not many.

Then there was this little light. Someone saying "yes."

Rose assured me it could be done in an evening. I didn't believe her, but she was right. And now? Now all three books in the trilogy are available in Kindle format on Amazon.

RIGHT HERE! In time for Yule. And Christmas. And New Year's. And just because.

You know what else are available? Books by Rose.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee ~ but ten bucks will get you some damn fine reading.

3 comments:

MikeC said...

So cool! Congrats! Though my demographic (i.e. male) doesn't really map to your genre, I love it because, guilty as charged, all of my book reading these days is via the Kindle app on iPad. Delighted that you cracked the code, and hoping that Amazon makes it easier for authors in the future. Now you can sit back and wait for those royalty checks! :-)

BostonPobble said...

Mike C ~ You prove that one doesn't need to read my books to be supportive of me. :)

Rose said...

Thank you so much! It was no problem helping. In the literary arena there is so much competition. People don't want to reach out believing it would affect them somehow. That's crazy! If you need help with anything I'm here and thank you too for supporting me with various issues.