Pages

Sunday, December 09, 2012

My Own Holiday Miracle

Today, Lithus and I were on the trolley heading down to the French Market. As I was looking over the river, watching the gulls fly overhead, I thought about the ex that shows up every so often, and thought "He would really love this. I hope one day he gets down here to New Orleans and has a chance to see it." 

Holy shit. 

This is the first time since we split that I have thought of him with kind indifference. Up until now, it's been anger, disgust, or pity. There was no desire to share the experience with him. There wasn't even reminiscent affection. Simply an acknowledgment that someone I once knew would appreciate an experience. Who says miracles don't happen any more? 

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

 

1 comments:

BostonPobble said...

Mike C ~ You're more than welcome!