Pages

Thursday, December 05, 2013

Christmas ...Dirges?

For a few years now, I have had the hardest time finding Christmas carols that sound like the ones I listened to and sang growing up. Those carols were upbeat, celebratory, joyful. Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, for unto you is born a savior, hooping and hollering, excited about this shit. Now, these same carols are...not.

I know my parents, and hence the churches they attended, were liberal but I hadn't fully realized that might impact the speed at which they sang songs. Mind you, I don't know for certain this is why the carols from my youth and the carols I can find now sound so very different, but it's a working theory.

Regardless, I am trying very hard to find the sounds that celebrate my season, my way. And if you've got a request, let me know!

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.




 


0 comments: