Pages

Monday, August 29, 2005

Closed Doors, Open Windows

It is easy, when life is shitty, to lose sight of the good things. And, as most of you know, life has been pretty shitty. Lots of people have reminded that "God has a plan" and, while I appreciate the sentiment, I have also had ample opportunity to use my favorite, homemade saying: So long as God reserves the right to keep this plan hidden from me, I reserve the right to be pissed off at him about it. Pretty simple 'cause I'm a pretty simple type o'gal.

That being said, I will not do myself, my friends, or my life the injustice of ignoring what has come from the last several, shitty years. Want to know?

* A larger and, quite honestly, more significant group of friends than I have ever had in my life. From friends to family to Girlfriends to "my" kids in Santa Fe to the coffee guy in Copley Square. I am so incredibly blessed.
* A family that IS my family, regardless of what blood runs through our veins.
* Along that line, people who not only welcome me and want me at holidays and events but EXPECT me. Why? 'Cause I'm family.
* A new job that I love that makes me wake up every morning wanting to get to work. And makes me think (in a good way!) "Holy shit ~ this is actually MY LIFE!"
* Agent Extraordinaire (sp? she's also Editor Extraordinaire). And she's an even better friend. And we have The Plan! :)
* A sense of myself and my own possibility.
* A stronger connection to God/the Goddess/the Higher Power ~ whatever you want to call that great, amazing, incredible being (who still hasn't decided to fill me in on the plan).
* Three nieces and three nephews. Two of the boys and one of the girls share genetic coding with me. The others don't. It doesn't matter. If anyone tried to tell The Poo or Princess Kitten that she was less my niece than Trinity...ooo! That would be ugly. Worth the price of admission but ugly.

And so...Life goes on. It gets better. We manage to swim through the gunk and the shit and the pain and come out the other end. And the other end isn't filled with ribbons and rainbows and calorie free chocolate for breakfast. Some days the other end is shitty, too. And some days it's just...what it is. But bottom line is, we get there. And there is a pretty cool place to be.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee ~ pretty much wherever you are on the journey.

0 comments: