Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Now That's Just Wrong...

1. After getting to sleep at 2 a.m., there was a noise on the street that woke me this morning ~ AT FIVE O'CLOCK. It's Sunday, people...

2. Just got an email from a friend of mine who had to move to Rhode Island so she and her girlfriend could get domestic partner insurance without getting married. While my straight friends from upstairs are excited because his insurance just approved their domestic partner status. What the fuck, Massachusetts???

3. The house I grew up in has been sold and I can never go back again to say goodbye. I didn't even know my mother had put it on the market.

4. A rather...ahem...stocky (being nice here) man I know from the neighborhood just informed me that I would have a hard time finding a boyfriend because I had put so much weight on in the last year. This from a man with hairy arms in a wife beater with his belly hanging out.

5. My fridge is full of food ~ and I have nothing to eat in the house.

6. One of my favorite author's book was just reissued. The hero is a cop living in Denver. I have NEVER READ THIS BOOK BEFORE. My book currently under consideration has a Denver cop as the hero.

7. When I finished this, I was going to take a nap. Except the new neighbors who just moved in immediately below my bedroom are hammering.

I gotta be due for my period...

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee (so you leave me alone while I'm grumpy!).

2 comments:

christine mtm said...

good-bye l-berg. i will miss it and the memories of that house. and people should keep their mouths closed when it comes to other people's weight.

Anonymous said...

Well, you know that you still have a bed to come home to in the Burg. Never forget that. Tell the "stocky" guy to get a mirror in his place and call me when you can't sleep before 2 AM. I'm sure I'll be up with the Little Man. Get you some of that buck fifty coffee. It'll do you good. Hey, come to the Burg and I'll treat...at StarBucks :)

Love you-
in VA