Pages

Monday, August 15, 2005

Shhhhh...

...don't tell anyone but I'm having an affair. I know, I know. It's a whirlwind romance, no way it could last and, honestly, ends tonight. I will return to my love as loyal and faithful as ever ~ but the smile on my face when no one is looking will be me remembering my weekend fling.

Boston is home. Boston is comfort and history and the knowledge that life goes on in spite of whatever craziness comes along. Boston is dependable, comfortable sex every Tuesday night and Saturday morning. There are parts of Boston that look exactly as they did 100 years ago and will look exactly the same 100 years from now. And I am so indescribably grateful for that.

But Chicago...Chicago is the craziness that comes along. Chicago is bright lights and smoky jazz clubs that stay open until 3. Chicago is moving and changing and try to keep up 'cause you're swept off your feet. Chicago is a fast and frantic fuck, up against the wall, trying to stay quiet so your party guests don't hear.

So, I will go home. Go home to my wonderful Back Bay apartment, a T system that stops running at 12:30 p.m., my old men and college students, and be ever so grateful I am home. That's Boston.

But every so often...I will smile when no one is looking.


That's Chicago.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

0 comments: