Pages

Sunday, June 25, 2006

72:20

One hour, twelve minutes and twenty seconds. That's the amount of time that passed between the time I answered the phone and the time I hung it up. For two self-professed phone haters, we ate up some time. We talked about living life and grief and apartments and Boston and riding public transportation and the power of listening and, and, and... The similarities we expected were truly there. The personalities we expected were truly there. The love we expected was truly there. The first words I heard were "I have balls." The last words I heard were "Love you, dear. And thank you."

Thank you. To me. He said thank you ~ to me. This person I have emailed, instant messaged and leaned on from over a thousand miles away. Said thank you, to me. I'm the one who's honored. Never doubt that true affection can grow over a computer link.

Dondon009's voice was the sweetest sound I've heard in a long while.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee. But not much of a wine buzz.

9 comments:

ZooooM said...

NOt only can it grow over the computer, but I belive it happens far faster and quite a bit more intense than face to face meetings.

Twisted Lady said...

Oh, I hear ya....

I love Don! He is a super guy and he totally "gets" it. When he leaves comments they are always *perfect*

dondon009 said...

I timed it at one hour, 12 minutes and 22 seconds.......!

A record for me and I still have the cell phone marks embedded in my ear to prove it!

Once again, I thank you for a truly wonderful evening!

....... and I didn't even have to dress.

Rose said...

When relationships grow over the computer I believe that it is because you feel a certain level of freedowm to say what you want. You don't have the eyes to contend with so the freedom allows you to be more open with each other.

Dagoth said...

Hi Pobble

I was thinking the other day (ok I'm going to date myself here) Blogging is very much like what we used to call "Pen Pals" (I probably just destroyed blogging). There is absolutely no reason why close relationships can't form just because it's on a computer...

Hope said...

One of my best friends from high school married a guy she met online. And it worked out far better than the first husband that she met "face to face" initially. Sometimes people can face putting more "out there" when they begin to know each other online. Sometimes, it seems safer sometimes to express yourself that way.

nRT said...

There is nothing like a good true friend who you can lean on. both of you can listen to eachother and hear what eachother is saying.
i'm happy for you and your friendship.

author said...

wow, from Jaded's post about you I came here, from here I'll go to Don's...
It's just a pay it forward kind of day.
What a beautiful post Pobble

(I met my spouse on line 7 years ago)
scribbleandscribe.wordpress.com

The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

that's funny...riding public transpo..i totally can understand w/u on that...