Pages

Thursday, June 15, 2006

June 15th

I'm going to make my deadline. It was questionable there for a little while, which is an unhappy, very yucky first for me. We ~ the FAEE, my collaborator, and I ~ were all a little concerned. Luckily, we're gonna make it. Whew.

Over the past two weeks, I haven't: seen much of my friends; checked my phone messages; I didn't go to NY to see the Duck and meet new Santa Fe kids (or see Alan Cummins in Three Penny Opera ~ whimper). I haven't cleaned my apartment or my car. I haven't returned the movies I rented at the beginning of crunch time. I have been a bad honor attendant to not one but two different brides and have been a worse bridesmaid to a third.

Over the past two weeks, I have: lost another four pounds; taken care of Lionel and Daisy; had breakfast with the Lovely Cats and her parents; and met my deadline. Luckily for me, I have also instant messaged with Pharmyard and P. C. who keep writers' hours eventhough they are, obviously, not writers. Goddess love them ~ they are always willing to tell me if a definition makes any sense or not when my eyes have started to cross and I just don't know any longer.

So, that's where I've been. Making sure I was gonna make this deadline and instant messaging with two friends who've been awake, willing to read definitions and help keep me sane. Crunch time is over now so I'll be back again. After I blow off a little steam, of course. >:)

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

11 comments:

Aisha T. said...

Blow off the steam! Sounds like you deserve it. Congrats on meeting a deadline (was there pepto involved to the very end?) and all of your other accomplishments this month!

Spider Girl said...

Nothing like trying to make a deadline to occupy your mind!

It sounds like you've been crazy busy.

nRT said...

there is nothing like working your butt off, feeling the pressure and then you finish and make the deadline. I try to get my kids to get organized and try not to get behind but they are like me and are always under the gun.
Congrats on finishing your project

ZooooM said...

THREE WEDDINGS? You are in 3? I can ever barely handle 1 at a time and maintain my "by the skin of my teeth" existence with my other obligations.

Man are you ever good. In all kinds of ways.

Congrats on crossing a finish line. Having a deadline over my head makes me crazy. But, it's the only way I'll ever get anything done.

christine mtm said...

see, i told you that you could do it.

Graziella said...

Good for you!

If you feel like heading to Mullethead you're more than welcome to join me. It'll just be me, Kalamazoo and possibly on-line lance? Who knows? But it'll be a total blast. Call me if you want to join me. I'll be having a "date" with on-line Lance.

Dreamer said...

So, I can actually start speaking with you more often? Not like I have any stunningly new to tell you but I just want to talk with you...I love talking with you...

dondon009 said...

Hmmmmmm blow off a little steam...

Let's see now, would you be spending time with a certain someone?

I am so glad the deadline will be met and nice to be visiting you again!

Know that you are loved.

Krystal said...

Deadlines suck. Glad you met it.

Nemeria said...

Um...Did I forget to tell you that I'm seeing Three Penny Opera tomorrow? I'll gawk, gasp, and swoon extra, just for you!

Oh, BTW - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

author said...

yeah for reaching the deadline !!
I love reading here but rarely get up the nerve to post.


scribbleandscribe.wordpress.com