Pages

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Saturday Ramblings, Again

* Dancing has always, is and will probably continue to be my second favorite way to blow off steam.

* The Lovely Cats was in town for a few hours yesterday. We had the single most Pobble-defining moment possible. She wrote about it far better than I ever could so click here:

The Lovely Cats and the Pobble-defining Moment

then come back.


Yep, that's me. A thigh-high wearing etiquette fiend.

* 3:30 in the morning is not a good time to discover the clean laundry you dumped out onto your bed earlier didn't fold and put itself away.

* Did you know Lancelot was a 12th century addition to the Arthurian legend? (Okay ~ did anyone besides the Lovely Cats know this?) Nope, me neither. Originally, although Camelot still fell, Arthur went down fighting with Guinevere by his side. Now this is a legend I can live with. (The early Christians really had a thing about women being villains, didn't they? Sorry...digressing again...) Anyway, it's amazing what you can learn when you chat with a cool person instead of a Topekan blood-sucker.


* Paraphrasing the greatest joke EVER:

I don't have a boyfriend. I do have someone who would get really pissed off to hear me say that.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! I am so easily amused.

* I am learning I am bad at writing scripts for slasher films. Too much plot. Too much character development. Too much talking. Silly me, I actually want there to be a reason these kids are where they are and getting chopped to bits. Give me a trashy romance novel anyday. Those folks love talking.

* I want a maid all the time. I need a maid during crunch time. Ugh. Somehow I don't think the elves that steal the sticky notes off my desk are going to do my dishes, though. Afterall, they didn't fold the laundry.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

8 comments:

Dreamer said...

I'm so glad you blew off steam and now I have a question I've been dying to ask you for a very long time....

THIGH HIGH BOOTS?! Where can I get some?! Not only have I been craving for some since I was ten, they are a very needed piece in my costume for OniCon...*bats eyes* Pwease...where may I find some? I wear a size ten if that helps...I think it's ten...

Krystal said...

I think that the elves DID fold the laundry and that the imp just mesed them all up again!

I need me some thigh high boots...to go with the dancing pole I'm getting...

ZooooM said...

You and Cats sound like a ton of fun. Even before I read about the boots and Emily Post.

I love the boyfriend comment.

Jaded said...

I knew about Lancelot.

I like the joke. I always tell people that being married has put a serious crimp in my dating habits. Mr. Jaded isn't amused. Go figure.

I am beyond exhausted so I hope this is coherent.

Anonymous said...

I could send you my gnomes...at least you wouldn't have any travel mugs left to clutter your desk or sink (they aren't very picky)

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I second that full-time maid thing!! God, does anyone out there ever get things done? All the way done? And keep it that way? Freaks.

dondon009 said...

Hmmmmmmm thigh high boots....

I'm getting scared!

I'm seeing "dominatrix"....... please, no whips when we meet!

As for elves and gnomes, I believe in fairies but they seem to just sit around watching over me and mine and have no time for the simple things like cleaning!

You and cats do make a lovely combination. Today, I miss Boston a little more!

Rose said...

I wish I had a maid... all the time....