Pages

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Saturday Ramblings on Wednesday

1. Nemeria's wedding: Is this weekend. I head out tomorrow for five days of keeping her calm; last minute shopping; manicures, pedicures and other salon stuff; eating lots of really good food; general girl stuff (yes, contrary to popular belief, I am a girl); and celebrating two of my favorite people. It promises to be a great weekend.

2. Butterflies: I got 'em. And the crazy thing is I got 'em over a boy who lives in California of all places. The thing that sucks is, of all the guys I've met on my site, all the guys who have already asked to meet me or think they are in love with me, even the other guys I really like and want to get to know better ~ this guy is the one who gives me butterflies. And he likes me too, I just don't know how much or if I give him butterflies. At least I know I can get butterflies still/again. It's been several years, several boyfriends, and a couple of friends with benefits since I've had butterflies. I'm a girl but I'm rarely girly. Seriously, though, they're kinda nice. As much as they suck.

3. The Fourth of July: I'm a goob. I admit it. For me, the Fourth of July is about the founding of this country. It's about the men who sat in that hot, sticky room in Philadelphia and risked their lives so we can live in this great country. And it is a great country ~ even with everything that's going on right now. There's a reason one of my few heros is John Adams. In the midst of all the fun, the friends, the cookouts and fireworks, please take just a moment to remember what we're celebrating. As Jaded will understand: I have crossed the Rubicon. Let the bridge be burned behind me, come what may, come what may.... They did an amazing thing. They crossed the Rubicon. They changed the world.

4. Getting my appetite back: No, I still haven't done it. But I have even more motivation than I did before. There is a place here in Woo called The Armadillo Depot and they claim to serve "Real Texas BBQ." Now, I'm skeptical ~ but I gotta try it. It's not decent Mexican food (something New England is notorious for doing badly) but I'll take decent Texas BBQ.

5. Boston: I'm back to writing full-time. This means I am no longer as desperate as I was to get back into the city. I will still go back, don't get me wrong. It's still home and its only flaws (in my opinion) are that the T stops running too early, there aren't enough 24 hour joints and it's an entire flipping country away from California (see Ramble #2). All of which means, I'll get my ass back there as soon as possible. But I'm writing again. And that makes Woo worth it.

6. The Gothic Charm School: We started with Nemeria so we might as well end with her, as well. She sent me a link to the Gothic Charm School. It's over there with the rest of them now. Apparently, I not the only one who appreciates thigh high boots and Emily Post. And that doesn't suck.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

7 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Where have I been, you're blogging faster than I can comment!

This weekends sounds fun. I want butterflies. I love fireworks. Plenty of appetite here. You don't need no steenking charm school!

There. Did I cover everything? Whew.

Jaded said...

"I see fireworks!
I see the pagaent and
Pomp and parade
I hear the bells ringing out
I hear the cannons roar
I see Americans - all Americans
Free forever more...


Is anybody there? Does anybody care?
Does anybody see what I see?"

Butterflies are lovely.

Have a wonderful, safe, fun, poignant trip!

xoxox

CrackerLilo said...

Gothic Charm School! Sounds perfect for you!

I hope you enjoy the wedding and the trip. Tis the season, isn't it?

I've definitely been there about cross-country butterflies.

Lyrically speaking said...

I enjoyed my stay here, nice blog

ZooooM said...

HOORAY for butterflies. He's in CA! If he's in the OC,he's close to us Zooms (relatively, anyway).

Wedding fun. 4th of July fun.

Glad you are writing full time. Not enough good writing people get to do that as their job.

Rose said...

Oh those butterflies, such a beautiful thing. Have a great 4th of July.

Dagoth said...

Hi Pobble

Butterflies = :)