Pages

Friday, June 16, 2006

Only In My World, Take 2

I have found an online dating/personals site I really like. The people are more like me, less like everybody else. Admittedly, I have only been on for about two days now but so far, it's good. With one exception.

In two days, I have managed to pick up Yucky Boy. In fairness, I also managed to lose him. It went like this (as I explained to Angry Girlfriend earlier):

Pobble: we IM'd lsat night for about 15 minutes. lots of things i didn't like about the conversation but figured it's IM and what the hell. i didn't have to be rude. so, he tells me he likes blood sucking. BLOOD SUCKING um... no. i make it very clear that i'm not interested. he says ok and we keep chatting. then he tells me he will pay for half my ticket to fly out to topeka, kansas (which is as offensive to me as bloodsucking, honestly)

Angry Girlfriend: Topeka!?

Pobble: in an attempt to be nice (again, mistake) i tell him i rarely leave massachusetts because it has everything i need. now, you and i both know this is BS but i didn't want to go off on him about how effing stupid that was. as soon as i type that i rarely leave MA, he says "we're done here. bye." i say "ta" and think "oh thank god!"

Angry Girlfriend : this is all I can must up in response. I am laughing and amazed and so many other things that there is no emoticon

Pobble: next thing i know i have a comment on my profile from him reading "i feel sorry for this person. she is pathetic." at which point, i refuse to engage. i mean ~ are we adults or in high school? ~ but i do write the webmaster, explain the whole situation and ask what can be done.

Angry Girlfriend: But seriously he is a blood sucking man from Topeka Kansas. Can you be anymore pathetic

Pobble: they remove the comment from my profile and assure me that if i have any other problems with this guy, they will take further action. a bloodsucking guy from topeka kansas who bonds so quickly he is willing to fly someone out to him after a 15 minute instant message. dude...

Angry Girlfriend: wow hmmm wow up hmmm

Pobble: i'm thinking perhaps the webmaster read over the instant message conversation (you know they archive them) and realized that i related the conversation accurately

Angry Girlfriend: Only you Pobble. Me I would get on the same site and meet an accountant.

At which point I snorted my coffee.

Even I could not make this shit up.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

5 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

God. You should write (another) book!

Aisha T. said...

:-O Bloodsucking, huh? Isn't there some sort of ettiquette to follow in the dating game? Like hiding the more disgusting side of yourself. Hmmm. I dated a guy that was a barista at a coffe house/dating service. He said he felt sorry for us females because there were so many whacked guys on profile. He left the flesh trade soon after that conversation.

ZooooM said...

DAMN FUNNY!

"topeka, kansas (which is as offensive to me as bloodsucking, honestly)"

I didn't have anything to shoot out of my nose when I read it, but honestly - it deserves it.

Dreamer said...

You should write another book, about your dating experiences.

dondon009 said...

The consensus seems to be for another book........ I would have to agree!

As for the new dating site "the people are more like me, not like everybody else", I hope Yucky Boy is the extreme..... damn, now I'm worried about you again!

The women I work with (at my suggestion) do an "inmate search" on line of every guy they date....
they've gotten some real surprises.... I'm not suggesting you do likewise, just thought I'd mention it!

You are loved!