Pages

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

PT S..Revisited

FAEE: Guess what I have on my desk?

Pobble: I don't know.

FAEE: I actually have tears in my eyes.

Pobble: *gasp* Is Boyfriend there? Did he propose? Is it a ring?

FAEE: nope

Pobble: A job offer?

FAEE: Try again.

Pobble: I don't know...you're killin' me. Tell me.

FAEE: Guess.

Pobble: O.M.G. is it the book?

The FAEE gave me her desk copy of Test Words You Should Know today. It's a book. It's an honest to goodness, real, actual book. It will hit shelves in 2 to 4 weeks. But I've got my copy in my hot little hands.

We have toasted ourselves, our friendship, our partnership and my grandmother. We have flipped through and examined sentences and paragraphs and oohed and aaahed over the cover. We have laughed over the fact that neither one of us knew what the hell we were doing when we started this process. And now we have a book.

Then it was over to Peaches' place. She rescheduled her evening so that we could stretch out on her bed and flip through the book. She is my fellow word-freak friend. We ate lots of Chinese food and giggled and laughed and talked about how annoying it is when people use apostrophes incorrectly. The inscription on her copy is going to read: To my favorite misanthrope. She's thrilled.

And finally, I was picking P. C. up from work tonight. When I handed him the book, he asked "PT S...who's that?" And, as if I had scripted it, I got to say "Me." Big grins all the way around ~ and he pretended to throw it out the window. Trust me, this is a compliment and means he is happy for me. He's one of those men. ;)

So ~ I have a book. I don't just have a contract or a manuscript. It's a book.

Hot damn. I know I have to sleep again eventually ~ just not yet.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

17 comments:

kimber said...

Congratulations! Hurray hurray hurray! I'll make sure to raise a glass of something festive in your direction and toast your success! :)

nRT said...

Congratulation, on your book. I will check with Barnes and Noble in a couple of weeks.
I'm sure it will be a call you'll remember

christine mtm said...

WOO HOO!!!

love you

Nemeria said...

Woo Hoo Lady! How exciting!!!! I am so honest-to-God thrilled for you I'm beside myself. Look, here's Nemeria doing a happy dance in her office chair! Whee!!!

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Yayyy! Congratulations! How darned exciting, how can you stand it!

nRT said...

I googled the title and Barnes and Noble is selling YOUR book on Sept 28th. I sure wish it was out when my kids were taking the Mass state test and the SAT's, but i will be looking for it in Sept.

Jaded said...

Congratulations, my friend!

PS:

My word verification for this post is "wfidol." Word Freak Idol.

dondon009 said...

I have it on order at Amazon... which means some afternoon when I get home from work, guess what will be in my mailbox?????

Congratulations again, my dear friend!

I continue to wish you all the best.

BostonPobble said...

Kimber ~ Thank you! Festive is always good!

Nancy ~ You googled the book? What a *brilliant* idea. I may have to try it...

The Lovely Cats ~ Whoo-Hoo!

Nemeria ~ I'll bring it with me on the 29th. We can drool over it together.

GNG ~ I really can't stand it. Haven't touched down yet.

Jaded ~ Thank you. Word Freak Idol, huh? I can live with that. :)

Don ~ Eeeeep! You have to let me know when it arrives.

Blue Dog Art said...

Wahoo! Congratulations! What an exciting accomplishment for you.

Tai said...

Hot DAMN!!

I got a glass raised in admiration.

Way to go, girl!

(I think you'll find that word-freaks proliferate here!)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's finally done! All the late nights finally paid off. Hat's off to you Pobble, you deserve it...it's been a long time coming. Although I'm holding the champagne for when they recognize your real talents and publish your other works. Heck you know I can't wait to give prezzies, let's open it now!!!

BostonPobble said...

I have now re-read all the comments and am a wee bit emotional. These responses are less...guarded...than I perhaps usually am. If you received a more pat respone earilier, just know that your comments were indeed part of what has pushed me over the mushy edge tonight, even if I didn't answer that way originally.

Traci ~ First, *of course* I will sign your book!!!! Hee hee hee Second, tears came to my eyes over the fact that you thought to post the write-up. Wow. My friend... I hope you know what's in my heart.

Blue Dog ~ A compliment from another artist, even one from a different medium, is always special. Thank you. (and this goes to all the other writers who have left such wonderful, generous and supportive comments, too!)

Tai ~ *clink* Thank you. So much. I love the fact that you ~ and many others here ~ are indeed word freaks! I'm in the best company I've ever been in. And not just because we are all fellow word freaks.

Pharmyard ~ Prezzies are good! We'll pull out the champagne in '08. But we'll be together before then.

nRT said...

i like the "free dictionary" link in your prev post. its give the pronunciation icon. My son and i had a discussion, I used the word "expedite" and he said he never uses the word because he thinks everyone pronunciates it wrong. I can't wait to show the soon to be 18y/o that I can be right.
thanks

CrackerLilo said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so so so so so thrilled for you!!!!!!!

And my cousin is *so* getting one. So is my TutorGirl!

Dreamer said...

YAY! And I'll buy it because I have to retake my SAT's...*sighs and cries* Oh well, maybe your book will help me tremendously!? I love you muches!

Krystal said...

Congratulations!!! Hoooorrrraaaaayyyyy!