Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring

Today is one of my favorite holidays. That's the thing about being Pagan ~ we get a lot of them. But there is something about Spring that is special to me. The transitional seasons (Spring and Autumn) have always been my favorites, anyway, even before I was Pagan. There is something preparatory, anticipatory, about them. Anything is possible during these times.

Autumn brings a centeredness to my soul that is important, actually vital. But Spring...Spring brings to my soul what it brings to the Earth. A slow budding of potential. Life re-emerging. It is so slow as to be almost imperceptible. Is the grass actually greener than it was this morning? Did that tree have buds on it last night? And yet it is there. And it is powerful beyond measure.

So especially today, I wish you the gentle yet insistent power of the season. May the Spring bring to your soul all it has yearned for during the dark winter. Blessed Be.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

11 comments:

Tai said...

Blessed be, Pobble! Spring is SPRUNG!

christine mtm said...

blessed be. i've been so caught up in holy week that i completely forgot that it is also spring. thanks for the reminder.

Graziella said...

It is spring, but it doesn't feel like spring to me yet. :)

Anonymous said...

To follow on to Cats' comment - this is one of those very rare times when the Vernal Equinox and Maundy Thursday coincide.

BostonPobble said...

Tai ~ Blessed Be! Whoo-Hoo! Bring on the mead, baby!

Lovely Cats ~ And a happy Easter to you, my friend.

Graziella ~ Yeah. Sometimes it takes a while to filter through. It'll come. ;)

MChristie ~ First, welcome to Pobble Thoughts! I love a new name in my comments. Second, my mom and I were discussing this just the other day. Nice synergy. It makes the power of the specific day even greater this year than either holiday by itself on most other years. (Said with absolute sincerity. Not sure you've read enough to know I have huge respect for other faiths besides my own.)

CrackerLilo said...

Happy Spring!

Being from Florida, I only now appreciate it.

We do get lots of holidays, don't we? :-)

BostonPobble said...

CrackerLilo ~ Ain't it great? The weather here hasn't realized it's Spring yet either. I envy you Florida! Enjoy. Blessed be.

kimber said...

Blessed be!

ZooooM said...

Hi. Happy Spring back to you and everyone else. I know it makes the little hummingbird come back to our yard every year. The little guy with a giant will. He dive bombs (could be a she?) Mr. Zoom like I've never seen anywhere.

BostonPobble said...

Wolfgrrrl ~ Blessed be, to you, as well!

Zooom ~ And how can a hummingbird bring anything *but* happy? Even if there is some dive bombing along with it?

Krystal said...

I've always loved the first day of Spring myself, but of course with Easter coming early this year, I have another reason to celebrate!

I am fighting the flu. I'm really hoping that tomorrow I won't be too sick to go to church. One of my all time favorite hymns is "Christ the Lord is risen today! Haaaaalaaaluuuujah!" We only sing it on Easter Sunday. I'd hate to miss it!

Have a great Ostara!!!