Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Christmas Carols?

If you read yesterday's blog, you know today is Yule, the major winter holiday for Pagans. And if you didn't read yesterday's blog, I highly recommend that you do. There's a great hot tea recipe waiting for you. ;) Anyway, I digress (as I am wont to do....)

I was thinking this morning about how Yule is hardly even on the radar for most people. And you know, that's okay with me. In my "real" life, as opposed to here in my cyber life, I'm actually pretty quiet about it. I don't deny my faith but I don't wear it on my sleeve like I do here. Plus, I like Christmas and the feeling that surrounds it. Everybody is a little nicer to each other. Even under the frantic and the hectic, people tend to be a little happier. People look out for each other; listen to music; eat and celebrate; fill the world with lights and colors and joyful sounds; sing and dance; wonder at the beauty of a snow covered or sunkissed earth. Why, it's practically Pagan! ;) But I'm digressing again...


Even the carols. Some, obviously and well they should, deal directly with the birth of Jesus. Some, though, are practically Yule carols. Bing Crosby and David Bowie's "The Little Drummer Boy"; the Trans-Siberian Orchestra's "Christmas Canon"; the Royal Guardsmen's Snoopy Christmas song (whose name has escaped me, my apologies); Good King Wensceslas...You get the idea. So many.

Yesterday, I listened to Christmas carols. Tomorrow, I'll listen to Christmas carols. Today, I think I'll listen to Yule carols. And be grateful for all the artists who, in singing for their own faith, found mine as well.

Blessed Be, whenever, whatever, however you celebrate.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

6 comments:

Jaded said...

I'm glad that you DO put your faith out there for all to see, at least on here. It's part of who you are, and everyone should know that.

I have no idea which is the newest politically correct thing to say, so I'll say 'em all...

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Holidays...

Pick whichever one makes the most sense to you.

When will you be down again?

My word verification... SNJJOY.

CrackerLilo said...

Keep your eyes on the light and the warmth in your heart.

Rose said...

Thank you....and have a merry christmas, Happy Holidays and just enjoy and find peace and happiness. I know you will.....

dondon009 said...

Life in Blogland... what a wonderful experience!

The people we "meet", the things we learn..... it's up to each individual; but those of us who choose to look a little further find a world filled with new, exciting and fascinating experiences and sometimes make new friends along the way. That would be me.

When I read that you and Cracker were Pagan, I researched.

When Blogzie mentioned Teatro ZinZanni, I researched, etc.

What a wonderful world we live in!

A new degree from Blogland University in the making........

Have a wonderful Holiday season and know that you are much cared about!

dondon009 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dreamer said...

I wuv you from the bottom of my heart, Aunt Mame. Just because you are you and I am me...Weet and loviness. I'm sure you understand my insanity.