Pages

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Boys in the Band

Allow me to introduce to you...

on bass ~ The Muppet














on slow hands ~ Chuck








behind the bar ~ the Grill Master.













And since no band is complete without groupies:

The Divine M:

















and me, the Pobble herself:







I love my family.

The weekend in the basement was simply amazing. The Grill Master and the Muppet got on so famously that the Divine M and I aren't sure either man will allow me to return if the Muppet isn't with me. The Poo, who is now (shockingly) three, couldn't get her head around the fact that we were actually saying "Mr. Muppet." She called him "Mr. Muffin" until the day we left.

Saturday night, she went to an aunt's house so the adults could have some grown-up time. Dancing, drinking, shooting pool, conversation, enough food to feed a small country, and so much laughter.

We have decided I am not a small, white woman but am actually a large, black man. We discovered that steak with a side dish of meat makes for a very tasty dinner. We agreed the only phrase funnier than "Mr. Muffin" is "Have you ever been to County?" We learned that Chuck with a beer mug trumps three guys with pool cues. We established that the Grill Master's friends tend to weep like babies when Chuck and a beer mug aren't around to protect them. We confirmed that family is about heart and love and loyalty and is wherever you are lucky enough to find them.

It was the happiest I've been in a very long time
.

I love my family.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

14 comments:

sttropezbutler said...

Damn...this sounds like a good time was had by all!

Fantastic!

STB

kimber said...

Sounds like so much fun! There's nothing quite like a night of music, drink, and shooting pool to make you happy to be alive! :)

dondon009 said...

Ahhhhh the lady is alive and well, and looking wonderful, by the way!

Good friends, good food, a little bit (or a lot) of booze and some dancin music.... it doesn't get any better than that!

I am so happy for you, and I am go blessed that you are my friend!

DON~

Tai said...

Oh, lovely happy times!
May there be many more!

CrackerLilo said...

You are so cute!!!! :-)

And I'm glad you had fun, too!

Trudy Booty Scooty said...

awwwwwwww Pobble...I LOVE YOUR FAMILY TOO! What a great post! I feel all smiley and happy! :) Glad you had a blast. That pic of you is adorable!

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

YAYYY, I finally get to see your beautiful self! Love the pic, love the post. Looks and sounds like you all had a wonderful time!

Jaded said...

Glad you had such a fantastic time... The Divine M is still looking beautiful, as are you....and you are looking all kindsa skinny!

Rose said...

I am so happy that you enjoyed yourself. That's wonderful.. to see you smiling and dancing is a beautiful thing...

Spider Girl said...

Rock on, Pobble!

You look as if you're enjoying yourself! :)

christine mtm said...

ok, pobble... here's my comment:

when are you taking me?

tee hee. love you

Dreamer said...

It looks like you've lost so much weight since New York.

I didn't really get to see you when you came down here. I just remember your hair, your smell, and your beautiful eyes.

dondon009 said...

Have I told you how great you're looking?

Yep, I sure did!

Can I tell you again?

Of course I can.......

Anonymous said...

HEY BOBBLE CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO RETURN. But one thing I never cry!!!!!!