Pages

Monday, March 27, 2006

The Last Mango in Paris

I am often told I am interesting. I ~ not so humbly ~ agree. I am interesting. I've been lucky enough to live an adventurous, creative, interesting life. Partly it was luck, being in the right place at the right time &/or knowing the right people. Partly it was my own doing. And a good chunk of it is because I would rather regret doing something than regret not doing something.

Some of the things I've done:

  • rappelled 200 feet
  • sassed Joe Kennedy (I'm from the South; I didn't recognize him)
  • worked in the slums of India
  • participated in a March for Jesus through the streets of a Caribbean island
  • written for national newsletters
  • attended formal events that were not school sponsored or weddings
  • drank free mudslides in the Caribbean
  • heard the screams of wild gorillas
  • performed CPR
  • been followed by KGB agents
  • cleaned egg from my car for being an "Arab-lover"
  • been backstage of Broadway shows
  • been a go-go dancer
  • facilitated trainings and given speaks for 100+ people
  • attended rallies and protests
  • snorkeled in open water
  • gone to trapezee school
  • received flowers from a German bellhop on his day off
  • gone bouldering, rock climbing, and mountaineering
  • worked in the ghettos of the US
  • celebrated New Year's with locals at a tourist spot
  • taken acting classes from a member of the Royal Shakespearean Company
  • gone to strip clubs
  • ridden with a Hell's Angel
  • knelt at Ghandi's tomb
  • sassed a two-star general (I knew exactly who he was)
  • received standing ovations
  • gotten into fist fights
  • eaten figs on the coast of the Adriatic Sea
  • been resuscitated (but I can't spell it)
  • destroyed threatening notes accusing me of being a "Nigger lover"
  • walked hand in hand through the gardens of Versailles with a boy I never saw again
  • been denied a visa to Pakistan for being "possibly subversive"
  • discombobulated a full-bird colonel
  • befriended gang members
  • had coffee and conversation with Michael Dukkakis
  • skinny dipped
  • been questioned at Checkpoint Charlie

Not bad for 36 years old. Can't wait to see what comes next.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

10 comments:

sttropezbutler said...

None of which surprises me!

XO

STB

Tai said...

Hey, that sounds remarkably like me!

Cheers to having an interesting life!

Waddie G. said...

wow...you really have done a lot.

christine mtm said...

i so like the fact that i was with you for at least 2 of those life-events.

here's to adding to both of our lists!

dondon009 said...

But you haven't spent Halloween weekend in New Orleans with 009 yet!

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Good God woman, how have they not created a mini-series based on your life?!!

My list would include things like: "have eaten grilled cheese with ketchup" and the such.

Very VERY cool list.

kimber said...

Hurray for an adventurous life, fully lived!

Trudy Booty Scooty said...

I feel so sheltered and left out! lol

Hmmm...maybe I'll make my own list. It won't be as exciting as that...but maybe it's more than I think. I'll try it.


huggsss :) Loved this post!

Nemeria said...

Ahhh...Checkpoint Charlie! I don't think I've heard that story before. Have I told you the one about being forceably put on a train back to West Berlin by a HUGE East German soldier?

Twisted Lady said...

OMG! I guess I ain't done sh*t!