Pages

Friday, March 31, 2006

Sex, Sex and More Sex

First, please notice that this is not my only post today. Be sure to scroll down and wish the Lovely Cats a happy birthday.

Now ~ to the sex. In my experience, there are four different forms of sexual encounters:


First, the Casual Hookup. This is usually between total strangers and is relatively self-explanatory. It tends to be a one-time thing but can evolve into...

Friends with Benefits. This is where two people get together for "no strings sex" on a more regular basis than the Casual Hookup allows. The relationship is almost entirely based on sex even if there is hanging out and enjoying each others' company going on before and or after the sex.

Third, is partner sex. This is the Big One. This is where you are actually in love with the person you are with and they with you. It can be slow and gentle or it can be hard, fast and up against the wall. The point is the people involved are commited and, if not in love, heading that way rapidly and at the same pace. This is the intimacy that people often confuse with sex.

Fourth is Friend Sex. This is the tough one. And it is not the same as Friends with Benefits. This begins with deep, platonic love and affection. Both people care deeply for the other one but they aren't partners and have no desire to be partners. The relationship does not revolve around the sex. In fact, sometimes there is only one sexual encounter. The sex actually becomes an extension of the friendship yet once the sex part ends, the friendship and love do not.

I could really use a shot of that fourth one right about now, I gotta be honest. The ex is at it again. The biofamily is at it again. And I have had successful ~ incredibly successful, actually ~ Friend Sex in the past. It's great when you want more than the first two but aren't ready/don't have the third. Kinda like now. Problem is I don't have a friend with whom to have Friend Sex. I could have a Casual Hookup. I could have a Friend with Benefits. I could have a partner in order to have Partner Sex but I'm not ready for that right now. Let's get healthy and past the divorce, shall we?

So, I find myself wishing I had a friend for Friend Sex. Before you ask ~ Chuck and I don't know each other well enough; he would be somewhere between a Casual Hookup and a Friend with Benefits. My Dear One is 20 and virginal. Since the goal is neither to scare nor initiate, he's out. Plus, did I mention he's 20? And if you are thinking about the Muppet, I have two words: incest and ewwwww! Okay, there isn't shared DNA but there might as well be so it's still gross. Which leaves me without Friend Sex. I will, of course, adjust. I'll get over it and get to the point where one of the other three forms of sex is what I'm looking for. It won't, however, be Friend Sex. And right now, that's a shame.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

8 comments:

dondon009 said...

At this stage of my life, I'm all for the casual hook up..... which is one of the many reasons I so love New Orleans!

Most of those casual hook ups have now developed into Friends with Benefits!

That is until Katrina came along! Now, those friends are scattered throughout the country.

sttropezbutler said...

YIKES.

I was just saying yesterday that I'm OVER sex, whatever that means.

I'll settle for my friendships and for making some new friendships and if I can't really desperate...well use your imagination!

STB

christine mtm said...

i'd lend you the tom-cat, but that might be weird for him (and you for that matter).

and thanks for making me cry in your last post.

Trudy Booty Scooty said...

I like your breakdown of categories. lol

I wish for you a new, instant connection, good friend who can become a friendsex friend in the not too distant future.

You forgot about on last category:
battery operated sex. lol

Rose said...

Casual sex is out...I don't know about that friends stuff though.. that sounds a little yucky to me..but I must say this was a good sex education lesson for me.

dondon009 said...

This entry has been the inspiration for my latest blog!

Thanks, friend.....

HUGS!

CrackerLilo said...

Then there's a *very* good friend named BOB--the Battery-Operated Boyfriend...

(No, that's not mine. That's a Sweet Potato Queen-ism.)

I know how it feels to miss that human contact, though. We were LDR for a long time, and that's how I got the boyfriend...

At least you're too smart to do anything that stupid.

Hope you can get to that level soon.

Blue Dog Art said...

LOL. Maybe you need a "Fuck Buddy" (reference to "Sex and The City" episode.) Someone that you only see once or twice a year and only for sex.