Pages

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

If It Walks Like a Pobble...

I am virtually unrecognizable.

Yesterday my mother acted like my mother. A year ago, I would have been in tears on the phone to one of my dear friends. Yesterday, I said "Okay. Talk to you later" and forgot all about it until right now.

Sunday, I bought a carton of smokes. Opened the first pack Monday morning. Just now (Wednesday at nearly 5 o'clock in the evening) opened the second one.

This morning, I pulled my jeans out of my dresser and was distressed by the fact that they were a little tight. I thought I had been closer to getting into my 14s than this. Until I realized these are my 14s.

While I cannot completely rule out alien invasion and/or kidnapping, I think it's probably just happiness. And happiness is really not overrated.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

8 comments:

christine mtm said...

YEA!!!

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

VwAH-Hooooo!!!

You GO, girl! I'm happy about Mom and the smokes, and downright green over the 14s!

Trudy Booty Scooty said...

Congratulations on your evolution!! I hope it happens to me too in various life categories! How'd you do it?

CrackerLilo said...

Good, good, good for you! I'm smiling in your direction. Amazing how little changes can add up!

sttropezbutler said...

Lifes lovely moments!

STB

Dreamer said...

Happiness is NEVER over rated!

Let me tell you...I fit into a 9/10 suit yesterday, had to suck in the stomach a little and pull back my shoulders but it fit me rather well...I almost cried tears of happiness to remember just five years back what a mess I was.

dondon009 said...

This sounds to me like "on the road to success"!

You go kiddo.... I'm lovin ya!

Rose said...

I am so happy for you. Happiness is good!