Pages

Monday, December 11, 2006

Angels and Ministers of Grace Defend Thee

I remember staying up late, late, late playing dominoes, smoking cigarettes, drinking bourbon and laughing. A lot.

I remember moments of comfortable silence, around morning coffee.

I remember a slow Southern drawl that didn't speak often but said much.

I remember a gentle arm around my shoulder.

I remember a hug that made you feel as if you were the only thing important in the whole world.

I remember you, Tim.

My father, grandfather and Tim are sitting around a table already. The bourbon is flowing. The cigarettes are burning. The dominoes are laid out. And I'm surprised we can't all hear the laughter. In another 40 or 50 years, I'll enjoy rejoining that party. For now...

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

7 comments:

Nemeria said...

I'm so sorry. Timing sucks sometimes. Thinking of you.

dondon009 said...

I'm sorry dear.....

Cherish those happy memories!

DON~

Jaded said...

Prayers and love are reaching out across the miles to you.

nRT said...

I am sorry you are going through such tough time. Please accept my heartfelt sympathy.

Graziella said...

Know that you are in my thoughts continually.

Big hug.

Dagoth said...

Hi Pobble

I was wondering where that laughter was coming from...

Lotsa Hugs Pobble

prioritybooks said...

I'm always praying for you and others. This is the holiday season and it is difficult for so many people.