Pages

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Holiday Tradition

Every year, I take an evening and have an A Christmas Carol marathon. See, I remember the first time I ever saw A Christmas Carol. When Bob Cratchitt comes in late on the morning of the 26th and Scrooge yells at him, I panicked. I looked at my mother, stricken. She smiled and said "Just watch." And so I did. And have every year since.

Several years ago, I ended up alone, with a bad flu and nothing on television. But I did have my three favorite versions of A Christmas Carol. My first very own tradition was started. First, I watch the Muppet version. Then Patrick Stewart's. Then my all-time favorite, George C. Scott's. That's a brilliant Scrooge, there, my friends.

Tonight, the babies and I snuggled up and had a date with George, Patrick and Kermit. It's a nice way to start the holiday season. Do tell ~ what do you do?

And God bless us, everyone.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

5 comments:

ZooooM said...

Mr. Zoom MUST see Planes Trains on Thanksgiving day. Has DVD will travel. The only other one we have is that while wrapping Christmas gifts, we watch A Christmas Story. That one is usually on continuous loop on TBS (cable station) so we might not even have to break out the DVD.

christine mtm said...

hope you enjoyed your marathon. had a good time with the sleep-over here.

Dagoth said...

Hi Pobble

About the only show I watch traditionally at Christmas Would be The Grinch (the old version) which is still my favorite...

Rose said...

It's a Wonderflife here in this house. It's all over the tv during the holiday season.

Dreamer said...

I will never...EVER...see Christmas Carol the same *shudders in rememberance*