Pages

Sunday, December 03, 2006

The New Plan


Tomorrow, I am giving notice at work. No, I haven't suddenly hit the lottery...although wouldn't that be nice. The problem is, as great as the plan was ~ work in the mornings, come home and write in the evenings ~ it didn't work that way. The theory was great; the execution sucked. It looked great on paper. Kinda like Communism. (digressing, Pobble...)
Instead, I will give notice tomorrow and register with a temp agency or try to find a part-time job that allows me to work 3 days a week, leaving me four days a week to do nothing but write. When I can do nothing but write, I write. And I write a lot. When I have to do something else first, it just doesn't happen.
Dear God but this is scary...
Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

9 comments:

dondon009 said...

ssizcGreat idea..... I am a very strong advocate of temp agencies for a variety of reasons..... the first being the flexibility that will allow you to focus on your career as an author.

We hire temps where I work as a way to evaluate a persons work ethics, skills, etc. prior to hiring.

As to your comment on my blog... there is no doubt in my mind that your nieces and nephews have an "Auntie Mame"...... there just are so many similarities...... which is one of the gazillion reasons I love you so.

kimber said...

You can do it, Pobble. I did that exact same thing, three years ago, and I've never regretted it!

nRT said...

you've got to take care of #1 and its always a plus if you love your work.
Good Luck

Nemeria said...

Good idea. While it may be scary to think about, it'll be better for you in the long run. But you know that! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Having a plan is smart...being able to revise that plan when it doesn't work out is shear wisdom. I have always known that you were more than just smart.

Jaded said...

I am very proud of you. Once we allow ourselves an "escape plan," it's easy to fall back on that. It's certainly easier to earn a weekly paycheck than it is to write, or sing, for a living and unfortunately, too many people I've known gave up their dream because they got too accustomed to seeing that regular check. They each regret it and are miserable with their jobs, but they don't do anything to change it.

When you follow your passion, the rest will follow you. I am certain of this.1

ZooooM said...

hoooo kay. blogger ate my comment. Basically I said "YOU ARE AWESOME!" and I believe we, the reading public, will be so very happy that you've taken this risk.

And a bunch of other love. But of course I'm dangerously close to being late for my own job....

Twisted Lady said...

Scary, but necessary.

You'll be fine.

And you'll be glad you did.

christine mtm said...

how did it go? do you feel better?