Pages

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Let the Weirdness Begin

I'm not really up to writing anything yet so instead of being creative and coming up with something of my own, I'm going to borrow a tag that's going around and give you six things about me that are weird. Let me tell you, limiting it to six ain't an easy task. That however, I am up to. So...

1. I relate everything to the television show M*A*S*H. No matter what the situation, I can probably find a way to reference those characters or situations. Luckily, my mother does the same thing so I have someone to share this weirdness with without the whole world knowing I do it ~ until now.

2. I can listen to the same thing over and over and over and over again. Oh, and over again. It is not unheard of for me to put one song on repeat and go about my business ~ for hours. At night, I fall asleep to one of the Harry Potters on my iPod. When (because it's almost always a when) I wake up in the middle of the night, I put the ear bud back in and go back to sleep. The book just repeats throughout the night. I have listened to Goblet of Fire now for over three months. Did I mention and over again?

3. I don't check my phone messages. My outgoing voice message even says "I may or may not call you back." This is because I don't check my messages. Leaving me a message on my voice mail is one of the worst possible ways to reach me. Smoke signal will probably be more effective.

4. It takes forever for me to cash checks. I will carry checks around with me for days or even weeks. For some reason, I don't go to the bank. In fact, I have my last three paychecks in my purse now.


5. I quote movies in my head. When I say goodbye to someone, I tend to think "I'll meet you in Dinsford!" (101 Dalmations) When someone makes a joke, it's "That's a mama joke." (Remember the Titans) And when someone is moving something fragile: "Easy boy. Easy." (The Magnificent Seven) There are several others but those are the three most common. I'm not quite sure why.

6. I have a collection of Muppet underwear. What makes this weird (aside from the obvious) is the fact that I don't collect Muppet underwear. But somewhere along the line, my friends decided I did. I bought a 2-pack of Muppet underwear to wear to the Muppet's first show back several years ago. Then I gained a lot weight and they didn't fit any longer. So a friend bought me another 2-pack to wear to his shows. Then another friend was with me when I was doing laundry. A few weeks later, she gave me 2 pairs because she had noticed I had a couple already. Then another friend got me a pair after seeing me unpack at her house. And if you're thinking of it, no Elmo, please. I really can't stand him.

Those are Pobble Thoughts and Pobble Weirdness. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

5 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I combine 1 & 5, and quote lines from M*A*S*H in my head. "Kiss me, Frank, and say Millions" is a common one.

You're on your own with the rest, weirdo. ;-)

kimber said...

I'm with you on the "listening to things on repeat for hours", and the "quoting movies in my head", and even the "M*A*S*H references" parts, although this happens to be a trait of my beloved partner, who finds all of his references lost on me because I never watched M*A*S*H as a kid. But Muppet underwear just leaves me with a queasy feeling in my stomach -- I don't think I'd feel comfortable with Grover chillaxin' so close to my pink bits.

dondon009 said...

The things we learn about those we love.....

And all along, I thought you were more the "Victoria's Secret" kinda gal!

As for phone messages, I check my phone and email messages once a week at work. It drives my boss crazy.

Any uncashed checks you have lying around the house, you can endorse and mail to me. You know the address!

Much love, kisses and hugs to you today........

P.S. I think the girl in the snowglobe on my blog looks a lot like you which is why it's on my blog!
DON~

Rose said...

Those are very different. I bought a stuff bear once and then folks decided that I was a collector. So for every holiday and birthday I received bears. I have one from Hawaii, Great Britain, Chicago, Texas, Bermuda, Washington, Mississippi, Arkansas- should I continue. I have more than two hundred and I have asked people to stop, please...

Dagoth said...

Hi Pobble

Yes, always quoting movies, but out loud, not in my head...

and as far as your unmentionables go, I guess thats why they call them that, so I won't...