Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

GoldiBlox

When I was a little girl, this is what ads looked like:


These days, this is what little girls get:


What happened? (Okay, in fairness, I have my theories about what happened, but I won't go into those right now. Right now, I will simply say "What happened???")

Thankfully, I am not the only one asking this question, and even more thankfully, someone else is answering it.

GoldieBlox. In their own words ~ At GoldieBlox, our goal is to get girls building. We're here to help level the playing field in every sense of the phrase. By tapping into girls' strong verbal skills, our story + construction set bolsters confidence in spatial skills while giving young inventors the tools they need to build and create amazing things.

Am I appalled that, in the 21st century, we still need this toy so desperately? Of course. You know me better than that. But more than appalled that we need it, I am so damn grateful someone came up with it. In the day and age of "I'm too pretty for homework" t-shirts

Yes, it was pulled. Why did it get made in the first place?
and pink legos, TTG for GoldieBlox. 




Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

0 comments: