Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

If Everyone Knows...

...Is It Still A Secret?

Did you know about the Starbucks Secret Menu website? Neither did I! Now, in fairness, it says right there on the top that this is not an official Starbucks menu, website, or affiliation. But these are recipes that have been created by baristas and customers. The ingredients are available at every (I assume) location, even if the recipe is unknown.

Now, I really dislike Starbucks' brewed coffee. Yes, I've tried the "blonde roast." Don't like it. But, as much as this Dunkin' Donuts' girl hates to admit it, nobody does flavored drinks better. And their eggnog latte is the best on the market (I'm so sorry, Dunkin', I still looooooove you!). All of which makes me think that these, The Starbucks Butterbeer Drinks, very well might be the best thing ever. I'm at least going to give them a try!

Hot Butterbeer Latte 

Whole milk steamer
Add caramel syrup (2 for tall, 3 for grande, 4 for venti)
Add toffee nut syrup (same amounts)
Add cinnamon dolce syrup (same amounts)
Whipped cream and salted caramel bits on top
Optional, if you prefer a coffee flavor ~ shot of espresso

Cold Butterbeer Frappucino

Start with a Creme Frappucino base. Don't ask for skim or 2% milk, due to consistency issues
3 pumps of caramel syrup
3 pumps of toffee nut syrup
Top with caramel drizzle

Yeah, I'm totally trying these. Eggnog latte, you may have met your match.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you (a really amazing sounding) coffee.

2 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I also do not like Starbuck's coffee; it smacks of liquid ashtray to me. HOWEVER, I will stop in for a few of their seasonal drinks: Pumpkin pie spice, and the Christmas "Chocolate covered cherry." I don't even like chocolate covered cherries. I despise them, actually. But I like this.

BostonPobble said...

Lori ~ Liquid ashtray is exactly right. My weaknesses, like you, are the seasonal drinks. Okay, mostly the eggnog latte. I'm a sucker for their eggnog latte.